Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2019, 12:22 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PlasticMan1 View Post
Should have told you that CW was still advertising the same GPS at least a year later. That is why they are partially to blame.

I still don't see the issue with CW on this. What did you expect them to do for you even after the manufacturer's 1 year warranty had expired?

I could see if you took it back to CW within a couple of weeks or even 30 days with a problem on a brand new unit; but you are talking about over a year after the purchase.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #22
Cpd

State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
We have the rv garmin. Like for the most part but it has put us a couple places were NO rv should go. I now second guess it and check it with google maps....12 ft high rv meet 9 ft bridge not a good thing. Not to mention the mountain rd with no where to turn to get off it....
Old 02-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #23

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Magellan?

I use a Magellan 9212T-lM and my wife's IPhone. She is constantly telling me where to turn in the opposite direction of the GPS instructions. :-) When I really want to know exactly where to go I throw a biscuit over my shoulder and my mother-in-law quickly tells me where to get off!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #24

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpd View Post
We have the rv garmin. Like for the most part but it has put us a couple places were NO rv should go. I now second guess it and check it with google maps....12 ft high rv meet 9 ft bridge not a good thing. Not to mention the mountain rd with no where to turn to get off it....
Which model Garmin?
We have been thinking of getting the 770 LMT model.
It supposedly helps you avoid low clearances once you input your dimensions and criteria.
Plus,
Does anyone feel an advantage, and use, the pre programmed RV parks finder?
Old 02-18-2019, 12:12 PM   #25

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Which model Garmin?
It supposedly helps you avoid low clearances once you input your dimensions and criteria.
Plus,

Quit think and just get it. I have it and love it! No one does it better than Garmin. Garmin and Google Maps will get you through most anything. Aerial Views and Street Views.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #26

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Which model Garmin?
Plus,
I have the Garmin RV 770 LMT-S and as I've mentioned before, I love it. I have used the parks feature but honestly I like to have the campgrounds selected before I leave home so I don't use that often.

Keep in mind, no matter what system you use, nothing replaces your own eyes and common sense. I was following my Garmin into a state campground. That is when I realized the railroad underpasses in campgrounds are not ALL listed in the GPS. The sign said 11' clearance...I knew my 12' 7" was NOT going to make it. I unhooked my toad and turned around.

In defense of the Garmin, I selected the shorter route into the state park rather than going around in through the main entrance.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #27

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
I have the Garmin RV 770 LMT-S and as I've mentioned before, I love it. I have used the parks feature but honestly I like to have the campgrounds selected before I leave home so I don't use that often.

Keep in mind, no matter what system you use, nothing replaces your own eyes and common sense. I was following my Garmin into a state campground. That is when I realized the railroad underpasses in campgrounds are not ALL listed in the GPS. The sign said 11' clearance...I knew my 12' 7" was NOT going to make it. I unhooked my toad and turned around.

In defense of the Garmin, I selected the shorter route into the state park rather than going around in through the main entrance.

A lot of campground's websites state..."don't go by GPS directions...follow the directions on our website". James Island in Charleston gives warnings starting about 4 miles out.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:53 AM   #28

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
I have the Garmin rv 770. Took a short trip this past weekend. Not sure what was going on but the GPS told me to go east on the freeway that I needed to go west on. My experience hasn’t been that great with the Garmin. My phone does better.