Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-18-2020, 08:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Florida
THOR #6605
Windshield Glare onto side mirrors

Hello to all and belated prosperous New Year.
We own a 15' Miramar 34.2 and r actually very happy with it. I do have a persistent & dangerous ongoing situation that Im sure has been experienced by all class A owners.
The glare from the front windshield is so bad that it makes it virtually impossible to be able to see out of the side mirrors whether it be the driver's one or the passenger side mirror thank God for the cameras. I tried a couple of things to include dropping my windshield screen down halfway with very little change the most successful thing has been to use a 12×24 piece of black foam board which I've angled and velcroed it to the side at about the height of my side mirror and it blocks enough glare where I can see the entire side mirror.
I'm looking to see if anybody has anything that's more aesthetically pleasing or if anybody's used tinted plexiglass as an alternative to the foam board.
I eagerly await all your experiences

thank you,

Carlos
@sportstable_carlos