Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2018, 04:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #4001
map light on 2019 vegas 27.7

recent purchase, i can’t figure out how to turn it off, ( the map light on the dash ) it’s very bright any suggestions , nothing in any manual

Old 09-09-2018, 04:51 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgriffis52@gmail.com View Post
recent purchase, i can’t figure out how to turn it off, ( the map light on the dash ) it’s very bright any suggestions , nothing in any manual
Manual??? Useless for specifics. Contrary to intuition, that controlled by the wheeled switch that controls the dash instruments brightness. It's next to the wiper speed, on the left. Roll it up to the max and then fell the detent catch for a click.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:13 AM   #3

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
State: California
THOR #12270
dont feel too bad. while not a map light, i have a "dome" light in my E450 chassis 31E and it would stay on for days. though not bright (standard 194 5w bulb) i was afraid of draining my chassis battery so i took the bulb out. 3 weeks later installed a on-off switch and swapped it out to LED. it didn't work until i opened the driver or passenger door. then i couldn't get it to turn off until i turned off the newly installed switch. 6 weeks later when leaving Arizona on it's maiden voyage, i turned on the headlights and went to adjust the dash brightness and discovered the bump. now it preforms like an actual dome light should. i like how it has a delay after you close the door to give you a chance to get the key in the ignition.