Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2020, 11:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #18093
Led awning light came off...

Hello! First I want to thank you all- you have helped me several times on this site and I am grateful- like posting about the little hole to reset the radio- lifesaver as we were about to head out on a 1000 mile trip, and the 3” pvc coupling to put in the drink holders to secure taller drinks- brilliant! My husband and I live in Phoenix, AZ, we purchased our Thor Windsport 2 years ago, and when we got back from our recent trip to Oklahoma, noticed our LED awning light was hanging down. It appears to have been sewn on to the awning itself.. anyone have any ideas for re-attaching or would the dealership or Thor maybe be able to fix this? Anyone else have this problem? It’s probably from being in the sun and we are going to be putting a cover over the rig sometime this “winter”. Thanks everyone

Old 10-18-2020, 12:21 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Same thing happened on my Hurricane. I bought a new LED light strip off of Amazon and did the replacement myself. I removed what was left of the OEM light holder and installed the new one which mounts to the wall of the RV using 3M double sided tape. This is the one I purchased. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Lt Keefer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:06 AM   #3

State: Arizona
THOR #18093
Thank you for the suggestion