Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Angry Maybe you have had these issues?

We bought a used 2018 Palazzo 36.1 with 8500 hundred miles on it 33 days ago figuring a lot is the kinks had been worked out. Guess we should have gone new but... .
Has anyone had the following issues and if so what was/is the fix.
Both toilets leak at the base, took them off to look, no wax ring, should there be?
The front AC unit never shuts off - set the temp to 78 with the inside temp at 74, still does not shut off. Set to off and fan on auto, still will not shut off.
Awning connection to the coach- leaks like a sieve down the side of the unit.
Sewer flush does not work - not even connected to the rear black water tank and not sure it is to the other. Will send my thru thru wall camera to be sure.
Ice maker is leaking and that's a take back to a service center issue as these residential units are not easily removed and services.

We have now put 2700 miles on the unit and if this is what we get after so few miles, I shudder to think what will need fixing after a cross country journey.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_mcgann@bellsouth.net View Post
Both toilets leak at the base, took them off to look, no wax ring, should there be? PROBABLY, and easy to add, if so, but the bigger question for this unit/model is: are these 'gravity' toilets, meaning they drop right down into the black tank, or are they some other type?

The front AC unit never shuts off - set the temp to 78 with the inside temp at 74, still does not shut off. Set to off and fan on auto, still will not shut off.
Are you saying that you are turning the thermostat to OFF, AND the Fan to AUTO at the same time, and the unit's fan still runs?

Awning connection to the coach- leaks like a sieve down the side of the unit.
You may have the same awning as I do, but what/where do you mean it is leaking? What does 'down the side of the unit' mean - INSIDE??

Sewer flush does not work - not even connected to the rear black water tank and not sure it is to the other. Will send my thru thru wall camera to be sure.
What is a 'sewer flush', the Valterra pull-handle gray/black tank outlets in the wet bay?

Ice maker is leaking and that's a take back to a service center issue as these residential units are not easily removed and services.
'WHERE' is this leaking? The water line? inside the freezer?

give us a few more details to help you - but, no, none of these sound like an 'major' issues - but more typical of what every RVr experiences over time
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
If you want sometime work on all the time, buy a RV or boat
Old 11-22-2018, 12:27 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Let me guess...... this is your first RV and your dealer initials were C and W. Right? Have to wonder if you did a PDI (pre-delivery inspection) or if you were just thrown the keys.

Now, either you DIY the fixes or you swallow hard and hire a tech or a RV shop to fix for you. If you do that, have them do a thorough inspection of everything, I bet there are other things you haven't noticed yet. If you go the DIY route, bring your questions here with details and photos, you'll get some good help.

There are always issues with a new coach, and any work under warranty requires authorization, so don't feel like you would have been any better off with a new coach. Much of that experience relies on the dealer.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:43 AM   #5

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
The front ac unit just continues to run, inset the temature to 74 and the unit
Just keeps cooling. Sometimes it's just the fan but often it continues to cool until I trip the breaker. When I set the unit to off and fan to auto, the fan continues to run until I trip the breaker.

The awning leaks are down the outside of the coach. Looks like either the caulking was not done or not done right. I'll also make sure the screws are tight.

Sewer flush problem is a factory defect. There is a connection for fresh water flushing of the black water tanks. I connect a hose and turn water on, but it never goes into the black tank, the rear tank does not even have a water line to it as advertised by Thor. The front BW tank seems to have a hose to the tank, but there is no water coming into the tank, not sure the flush valve was ever cut into the tank.

The ice maker is leaking behind the refrigerator but until I pull it out, I don't know what I'll find.

Thanks for your reply.

Tags
failed shutoffs, leaks, poor quality