Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2017, 09:25 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Minimum Heat to Lr area

Another surprise by the highly competent assembly workers. I bet they are on piece work or receiving bonus for production output. Very little heat to LR area by the step well.

I took a flashlight and looked in the heat register by the step well. The duct work was not connected. So, I take the register off the wall and find that the duct work was cut too short to attach to the register. I was able to reach back in the wall under the shower far enough to pull an inch or two of the duct toward the register. An ample few wraps with duct tape, imagine using duct tape for it's intended purpose, and connected it to the register and reinstalled it. Problem solved.

I then checked all other ducts and registers. Much to my surprise, even though the registers were designed to just have the duct pushed on, every one had a 4" hose clamp for retainers. Sounds like Thor specified how it was to be done, but BoBo said the hell with it and just aimed the too short duct toward the register.