Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2016, 06:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Illinois
THOR #5946
Miramar gas grill hook up

Hi all,
We are on our maidend voyage with our 2016 Miramar. We've tried using the attached propane line for the gas grill. It has a quick connect site on the bus. There is no gas to the grill. Not seeing any on/off switch for the connection. I'm sure this is an oh duh moment but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for your help.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:01 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 36TL
State: Georgia
THOR #5536
Our Challenger has a shut off valve just behind the quick connect where you would hook the grill line to. If you aren't paying attention you would miss it. Ours is back behind the RV paneling at the bottom and it is not visible when cut off. There is also a valve at the propane tank itself for the entire propane system but I'm assuming you checked that one. I would reach your hand back behind there and see if you feel the lever.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:02 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
There is a ball valve at the female quick disconnect on your coach, turn the handle in line with the coupler which is the on position. The hose connecting the coach is long and it takes a little bit to purge the air from the line before the grill will light. I usually turn remove the grates, turn on the gas valve at the coach and grill, hold a long lit butane lighter by the burner and wait. If you use just the piezo lighter you will wear out your finger before you get gas! Be careful because if you let the gas build up you will be rewarded with a huge flame and a thump when it finally does light. Again, takes a while to purge the line of air.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:49 PM   #4

Model: Miramar
State: Illinois
THOR #5946
I knew it was going to be a 'well duh' moment. Husband thought it was a bracket.
Thank you very much! We are in business.

Happy trails to you!
Old 11-16-2016, 11:49 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Happy we could help you!!! What's for dinner?