Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2021, 05:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Washington
THOR #21911
Miramar Televator Sound Bar

Hello, just looking for suggestions or ideas.

I have a new Miramar 35.2 that has a Televator with a 50in. Axxera TV on it. The speaker on the Axxera is not all that great. When the heat or the AC is on, you really need to crank the volume to hear the TV. I was thinking about putting a sound bar on the TV but obviously it's on a Televator so it would have to be some kind of wireless or you would have to disconnect and reconnect it when you put the TV up and down.

Has anyone done this or have any suggestions. I would be very interested. And Pics would be outstanding.

Thanks
Mike

Old 02-18-2021, 05:31 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #14588
Interested in doing the same thing in our Miramar. Haven't been able to find any manual on the Televator to even start. Hope some member will chime in with help.
Old 04-27-2021, 01:30 PM   #3

State: Nevada
THOR #23186
I installed a Sonos Beam sound bar on my Miramar tilt up TV.
I had to remove the TV to plug in a power strip down low and then I used a couple sticky wire hangers to hang power and HDMI cable on the rail. I just store the sound bar when moving. Once I need the TV I tilt up and grab the power and HDMI (arc port) cable and plug in and place sound bar on shelf above TV.

Now the TV is crap and I"ll probably change it out - but I have to go into the menu setup on the TV and play with the sound settings to get it to engage the HDMI sound port, but sounds great over the AC or heat.

*additionally I tied it to the Wifi on the wineguard and use it to stream music as well.