Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2017, 08:34 PM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Congratulations! Hope they build you a good one.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:38 PM   #42

State: Texas
THOR #6650
Thanks! I hope they do!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:15 PM   #43

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Just finished road trip in our Vegas 24.1, rolled over 9K miles in 25 months. We are quite pleased with the unit, but it had some bumps at the start so be prepared and patient.

Then find a Park with a view. Below is from Pride RV resort site G10, out the front window! Nice view for the weekend.

Pride RV resort.jpg

DocMike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pride RV resort.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	5478  

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #44
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations.

We just came back from a weekend with a relative who had just purchased their first RV on their first trip out. Everything was new: It was funny seeing their excitement as they pulled everything out of the storage bins removing them from the bags, taking stuff out of boxes, removing the tags! LOL Even the sewer hose was brand new.

Fun seeing that kind of excitement...
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #45

THOR #6650
How fun! I'm ready for that kind of excitement. Christmas will be a little early for us this year! Thanks for all your help Jamie!
Old 06-26-2017, 11:07 PM   #46

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Congratulations.

We just came back from a weekend with a relative who had just purchased their first RV on their first trip out. Everything was new: It was funny seeing their excitement as they pulled everything out of the storage bins removing them from the bags, taking stuff out of boxes, removing the tags! LOL Even the sewer hose was brand new.

Fun seeing that kind of excitement...
While the wife and I are REALLY looking forward to our first RV, I will be honest that I'm not looking forward, even when new, to dealing the sewer hose. One of the things I liked about the Phoenix Cruiser I was considering was the built in Sanicon. Wondering if a macerator could be added to the Vegas.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:09 PM   #47

THOR #7979
Rear bed 25.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
We chose the 25.2 because it has the biggest shower.
What I gave up with the 25.2 is my good nap time. When we are on the road, I will usually pull over around 1 or 2pm and take a short nap. In our fourWinds, I would head for the back and my wife would stay up front and Read, knit or crochet. I will have to use the jackknife couch for my nap or I guess I could put the slide out. Taking our first trip in the Axis next week.
Is there a reason you can not use the bed on the 25.2 with out the slide open? The only photos I've seen always have the slide open. I thought you would louse the walk around the bed when closed but that you could still use the bed. I like the larger shower and more legroom in the cab with me being 6' 4".
Old 06-26-2017, 11:29 PM   #48

State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
While the wife and I are REALLY looking forward to our first RV, I will be honest that I'm not looking forward, even when new, to dealing the sewer hose. One of the things I liked about the Phoenix Cruiser I was considering was the built in Sanicon. Wondering if a macerator could be added to the Vegas.
We have one for our fe22. My husband thinks it is great.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:31 PM   #49

Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4038 View Post
Is there a reason you can not use the bed on the 25.2 with out the slide open? The only photos I've seen always have the slide open. I thought you would louse the walk around the bed when closed but that you could still use the bed. I like the larger shower and more legroom in the cab with me being 6' 4".
While I haven't seen any pictures, I believe the bed has to be flipped up when you pull the slide in. Based on how much room there was in the 25.3 with the slide extended, I'm sure that one needs to be flipped up prior to retracting slide.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #50

State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
We cut our mattress so I can lay down on the road. It works great. I have photos posted on line. The Freedom Elite fe22 has almost the same floor plan. The fitted sheet holds the two pieces together when the slide is out. We cut a corner off the mattress so it fits against the head board.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:05 AM   #51

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #7910
Axis 25.2 is perfect for the two of us.

Just got back from our shake-down trip in our new 2018 Axis 25.2 and we loved it! Our first RV trip in 30+ years and only wished we hadn't waited so long to hit the road again. The new interior design is more modern and sleek to give the feel of more space. Put a 4in gel foam topper on the mattress and it's the most comfortable bed we own (we didn't trim it down so regular queen sheets fit just fine with the roll-over at the foot of the bed). A walk-around bed with side counters were important for our CPAP machines. Lots of power outlets (120v and USB 5v) help a lot too. We discovered a 16X16in by 14in high collapsible roller box with a pillow placed on top makes a great footstool for the sofa. Very comfortable for the two of us to take a retiree's tour of this great country.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #52

Model: FourWinds 24F
State: New Hampshire
THOR #7322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
We have owned two 24.1's and have looked at all the different models and they came out. I agree with axis earl's comments. Those were the same reasons we bought the first and after two years the second 24.1. We also like the ability to camp for a night without opening the slide with no real effect except the extra room. There have been a bunch of places we have gone into over the past three years that have had a 25' limit. For us it is small enough that we have not felt the need to tow. That is a huge advantage in my book.
Oneilkeys: If I may ask - why change to a new rig/ same model after just 2 years?
Old 07-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #53

Model: FourWinds 24F
State: New Hampshire
THOR #7322
mckenzy: " I definitely did not want to go longer than 25'."
Just bear in mind, the 24.1 is 25'6" long, NOT counting the ladder. So actual length is really 26'. Just FYI.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:09 PM   #54

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
Oneilkeys: If I may ask - why change to a new rig/ same model after just 2 years?
In Feb 2016 we went to the Tampa RV show to look at upgrading to something just a little big bigger (under 30'). After looking at everything from 26-30', we decided that there was nothing that we liked more than our Vegas. In 2016, Thor added some significant improvements/changes to the Axis/Vegas that we really liked - including: new 6 speed transmission (great improvement), changing the bathroom heavy, double door to two single doors, improving the shower, and a new blond interior that we really liked over the dark wood. With the show pricing, I traded in a two year old coach with 24,000 miles for a new coach for less than $20k. Anyway, I was going to need new tires sometime in the future.
In addition, I had purchased one of the early 2014 Vegas when they were turning them out as fast as they could and me Vegas has lots of quality control issues. I was much more impressed with the fit and finish of the 2016 Axis. I thought it was worth it.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #55

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
mckenzy: " I definitely did not want to go longer than 25'."
Just bear in mind, the 24.1 is 25'6" long, NOT counting the ladder. So actual length is really 26'. Just FYI.
I've taken mine on three different ferries and they have measured me at 25' all three times. In addition, with the 24.1 on the side, you can just tell them it's 24.1'.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:45 PM   #56

THOR #2121
What is significance of staying below 25'-0"?

Other than some campgrounds placing a 25' limit on certain sites, is there a limit on some ferries, or do they just charge more above 25 feet? I've never taken a MH on a ferry so don't know, but expect it varies by ship.

I've been watching Le Tour de France again this year, and it has reminded me that an Axis 24.1 is a fairly large motorhome compared to most seen on the side of the road. I not only enjoy watching the bike racing, but motorhome "window shopping" is pretty good too.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #57
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Sunday we returned from a 15 day Colorado trip. We still love our 24.1..and, on this trip we had 2 extra adult family members along...we let them have our bedroom (mother & son) and we used the hide a bed with the air mattress, as we get up early and it gave them a chance to sleep in while we put the bed away and had coffee etc. We agree, the air mattress is not terrible..when properly inflated. We were out 4 nights on the trip west to Ouray, and had a new appreciation of traveling in/sharing our Axis with family !

For those of you questioning the 24.1 size...we have chosen to stay at the 25' length in all of our motorhomes past/present. You can park them just about anywhere and when pulling the trailer, we are still at a workable length.

We love our Axis !

Ouray Colorado

Name:	Campground Ouray.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	5775
Salida Colorado

Name:	IMGP9325.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	5776

PS .. THANKYOU to the forum member who told us about using wet dryer sheets to clean bugs/bug goop off the motorhome ! We ran through a swarm of grasshoppers in western KS ... sounded like we were throwing rubber from a tire or losing a fan belt...stopped only to find the front of the Axis covered with red grasshoppers ! When we reached Ouray, I got out some dryer sheets I had tucked in some of the drawers (thanks again for that tip)...wet those dryer sheets, then rinsed with a micro fiber cloth.. and got the lower area clean...upon return home, yesterday, I cleaned the front end using that method ! It works !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #58

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
I'm assuming that if you stayed in Ouray that you went to the hot springs.

We have been there a couple of times and really enjoyed ourselves. I'm curious to know about the remodel of the hot springs. I follow them on Facebook and have been seeing pictures of the pools and it makes me want to see it again.

How were the hot springs?
Old 07-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #59

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
What is significance of staying below 25'-0"?

Other than some campgrounds placing a 25' limit on certain sites, is there a limit on some ferries, or do they just charge more above 25 feet? I've never taken a MH on a ferry so don't know, but expect it varies by ship.

I've been watching Le Tour de France again this year, and it has reminded me that an Axis 24.1 is a fairly large motorhome compared to most seen on the side of the road. I not only enjoy watching the bike racing, but motorhome "window shopping" is pretty good too.
No limit on any ferry that I have been on - they charge by the foot. If it takes vehicles, they are usually designed to take large trucks, so RVs are not usually a problem. Biggest 25' limits that I have found are in National and state campgrounds. There are many that have a 25' limit for the campground or individual sites. I camp in a lot of these relatively spartan campgrounds that you just cannot get a big rig into. Even the 30' long rear hangover Class C's have issues negotiating the turns.

I spend several months a year traveling around Europe and while the size of RVs has grown over the past 10 years, you do not see too many RVs larger than the Axis. The roads and campgrounds are just too narrow and small.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:20 AM   #60

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
In early April I spoke with a Thor rep who told that the 25.1 was the best selling floor plan and the 25.2 was the least selling. He didn't specify which were 2 and 3. Of course, I bought a 25.2. The primary reason was for the walk around queen bed.