Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2021, 08:36 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
They only do those things if you let them. Just sayin…
Yeah, I didn't experience any of those things at LaMese. The purchase of our Miramar was painless.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:50 PM   #42

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
21%+- of people overall, higher for boomers, have an 800 plus fiico score.
An even 800 puts you on the absolute low end of what's considered exceptional credit.
825+ talks, 800 getz whaz dey getz.

Somone on this forum told us they financed a TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLAR extended warranty into their rv payment.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 12:21 AM   #43

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
funny thing,... i got all the way to closing.. and when presented the invoice it was $500 dollars more than i negotiated.. I just got up and walked out... just as i was exiting stage right. The Salesman, said... ok we give the RV to you for what we discussed.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:22 AM   #44

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
But then again... i wasnt going to walk.. the RV was just to nice to let go... and now its worth alot more than i paid for it
Old 09-02-2021, 12:53 AM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
funny thing,... i got all the way to closing.. and when presented the invoice it was $500 dollars more than i negotiated.. I just got up and walked out... just as i was exiting stage right. The Salesman, said... ok we give the RV to you for what we discussed.
We had EXACT opposite

The 1st car my DW and I bought together had a mishap on the paperwork. It was actually ignorance on my part; but that is beside the point. The bank's check from a loan we had secured was $500 less than what we needed. The dealership wanted us to pay the difference. The Bank had deducted for a deposit that showed on paperwork that we had not paid I would not budge. My view was it was NOT my mistake to type on paper showing a deposit we didn't pay. The bank would have easily financed the entire amount. After a lot of back and forth and me telling them we didn't have $500 because we had to buy the Insurance, they accepted the check reducing the price
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:55 PM   #46

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Some very interesting posts on this topic. My turn

I have met people all over the country from all walks of life and all levels of education. It became clear to me a long time ago that not all men are created equal as the creator intended (at least not when it comes to buying and selling things). I have seen crooks as well as fair and nice salespeople. I have seen frugal buyers as well as people who should be required to bring their handler to a shopping trip. I'm perfectly OK with anyone being led around like a puppy, overpaying and buying unneeded garbage sold to them by people smarter then they are. When they get tired of it they can pay one of us savvy folks to buy the RV for them (at a fair price of course).
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote