Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #10032
My experience at the Thor Service Center

Many of you have read my complaints about Thor , Camping World, and my New PD31 class C RV.
I ended up going to the Wakarusa Sevice Center in Indiana. I arrived Sunday evening and parked at the factory hook-ups and spent the night. My letter said that someone would be out any 7 am Monday morning to go over my complaints and accept my rig into be serviced. Sure enough he was knocking on my door at 7. We went over my list and he said with a smile on his face, " I'll find more than this" . I'll bring it back by 3:15 . When he brought it back he ask me if I could stay another night. He had fixed everything on my list, some extra stuff he found, but said he wasn't finished. The next day he went over every seam, pressure tested the water system, and took it over to the rain bay to check for leaks. I ended up getting out of there about 2 in the afternoon.
All I can say is hats off to the Tech and Thor for doing a great job and bringing back a little faith that I hadn't made the worse purchase of my life. I'm really looking forward to getting it back out again.

Old 03-01-2018, 12:16 AM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Good to hear you had such good response from Thor. There are so many differences between dealers...it's like the "box of chocolates" thing...never know what you're going to get.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:29 AM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations! It's good to hear a story that has a happy ending.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:36 AM   #4

Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Good to hear. Wish Thor's dealer service was even close to this. All I get from America Choice RV in Ocala, FL is the bare minimum of repair and they act like they can't get me out of there quick enough. Last trip there was to get my inverter/charger replaced because it was putting almost 50 amps charge in to my coach batteries and actually boiled them dry and burned them up. So, they replaced the unit, after taking almost 3 weeks to get it ordered. I asked if they'd replaced the batteries and service writer said something about they didn't need replacing. I told him I wasn't leaving without new batteries. He said they'd test my old ones. Test proved me right, the batteries were totally shot, so they begrudgingly replaced both of them. As I said, all they try to do is the absolute minimum and to hell with doing the job right. Crappiest RV dealer I've ever dealt with and honesty is an unknown concept to them.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:36 AM   #5

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #10254
Good to hear some positive experiences. Glad they got you up and rolling.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:19 AM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
There have been a lot of us who have had excellent experience at Thor's service center in Wakarusa:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/...usa-10767.html
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/...rusa-8230.html
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...ence-6233.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:28 AM   #7

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
Many of you have read my complaints about Thor , Camping World, and my New PD31 class C RV.
I ended up going to the Wakarusa Sevice Center in Indiana. I arrived Sunday evening and parked at the factory hook-ups and spent the night. My letter said that someone would be out any 7 am Monday morning to go over my complaints and accept my rig into be serviced. Sure enough he was knocking on my door at 7. We went over my list and he said with a smile on his face, " I'll find more than this" . I'll bring it back by 3:15 . When he brought it back he ask me if I could stay another night. He had fixed everything on my list, some extra stuff he found, but said he wasn't finished. The next day he went over every seam, pressure tested the water system, and took it over to the rain bay to check for leaks. I ended up getting out of there about 2 in the afternoon.
All I can say is hats off to the Tech and Thor for doing a great job and bringing back a little faith that I hadn't made the worse purchase of my life. I'm really looking forward to getting it back out again.
Great to hear. Now go camping and enjoy. I got mine back from the dealer with all my issues fixed. Now that I have my cable coax issue taken care of, I'm anxious to get to a campground in a couple of weeks to see if the cable will work with my Seiko TVs. At least my satellite works now with the exterior cable port now that the coax is fixed and the OTA amp bypass completed.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:58 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonjack View Post
That was our experience at Wakarusa. Dito: on the restoring faith in your purchase. Our Axis was there twice and I am thinking the Hurricane will spend some time there too.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:36 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
That was our experience at Wakarusa. Dito: on the restoring faith in your purchase. Our Axis was there twice and I am thinking the Hurricane will spend some time there too.
I hope that it doesn't have to!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #10

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
So how does someone get an appointment or do you have problems that the dealership can’t fix
Old 03-01-2018, 11:51 PM   #11

State: Missouri
THOR #10032
You get in contact with them and make an appointment. It took me about a month to get in . Their number is 877-855-2867.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:35 AM   #12

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
They only have a limited number of openings at the factory service center so those who get in are very fortunate. The crews working on your unit are not the same people who actually built your unit. They are basically the cream of the crop. I was offered an opportunity to have my unit serviced at their facility this Feb/Mar but I chose to pass in order to let someone else have an opportunity since they said they are incapable (IMO unwilling) to fix all that is wrong with mine. Hopefully whoever filled my spot will be a happy camper.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #13

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
Thanks for the info