Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2021, 03:03 AM   #1

State: California
THOR #23285
Need help some advice please!

I recently purchased a Thor Freedom Elite 22HE brand new 2022 took delivery on Friday and obviously my wife and I are going through it and cleaning everything everything works fine but I noticed on above the drivers side the overhead cab outside there’s a little blemish didn’t really notice it before maybe wasn’t paying attention looks like maybe extra material that dripped here are some pictures is it something that I need to be worried about and go back to the dealer or is it a big deal at all?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5110.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	30350Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5114.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	30351Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5115.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	30352 I’m new to the RV seen so if somebody can direct me to right Direction. Or is it something not to be worried about I don’t know if it’s like overspray or extra material etc. etc. sometimes the remedy is worse than the issue so any advice would be helpful !!! thankyou all

Old 05-09-2021, 04:24 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
It looks like a blemish in the fiberglass from the picture, does not look like any cracking around it. Make note of it, maybe make the dealer aware of it just in case and keep an eye on it.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:35 AM   #3

THOR #23285
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
It looks like a blemish in the fiberglass from the picture, does not look like any cracking around it. Make note of it, maybe make the dealer aware of it just in case and keep an eye on it.

ok i will here is a closer picClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5112.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	30353
Old 05-09-2021, 03:11 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 28A
THOR #21941
Looks like a warranty repair to me.

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 03:51 PM   #5

THOR #23285
Need help some advice please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynetaylor55 View Post
Looks like a warranty repair to me.

ok i will contact thor, also in my thor pack ( blk bag ) there wasn’t any Literature & warranty reg cards for (water pump/water heater/furnace) no warranty reg cards for refrigerator/stove/burners/generator...will thor send them out to me? is that normal no cards?thx for your help and advise
Old 05-09-2021, 04:55 PM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Unless it’s cracked or open I wouldn’t worry about it if it was mine. I try not to let little things bother me like they used to. My latest coach (SOB) with full body paint had several cosmetic “defects” when I got it and it has several more now from living in the real world. Such is life. But that’s just me.
Old 05-09-2021, 05:12 PM   #7

THOR #23285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Unless it’s cracked or open I wouldn’t worry about it if it was mine. I try not to let little things bother me like they used to. My latest coach (SOB) with full body paint had several cosmetic “defects” when I got it and it has several more now from living in the real world. Such is life. But that’s just me.

your probably right , it has a little crack as u can see my up close picClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5110.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	30360Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5112.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	30361
Old 05-10-2021, 01:01 AM   #8

State: Washington
THOR #6433
I would have the dealer take a look at it. It might be nothing but water might be able to get in there and that would be bad. I don’t remember what the warranty timeframe is for the fiberglass but some things like the seals can be really short. You don’t want to lose time in the season with it being in the shop but I would be cautious.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:20 AM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Do it quick. Cosmetic issues have a time limit, normally 30 days, under warranty. Read your warranty before you go to the dealer. Good luck with Camping World
Old 05-10-2021, 01:42 AM   #10

THOR #23285
ok thx for the info ,we have only had possession of the unit for72 hrs!!!
Old 05-10-2021, 01:53 AM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'd show it to the dealer; but I'd try to have them get the okay from TMC to take it to a shop that is better equipped for repairing fiberglass...
... like a shop that can repair the hull of a boat.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:30 AM   #12

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I would finish my inspection of coach, take a trip or two before saying anything. Make a punch list of everything possible that you may find including this item.

Write up your list in a nice computer list and take to dealer just before fall or when you are ready to winterized it. Let them worry about fixing everything on the list and don't rush them. Depending on how long your list will be, be prepared to take it back at least once. I would not engage Thor until there is something Dealer is not fixing. I would ensure that eventually everything that needed to be done makes its way to Thor before the 1 year warranty is up. That way if something fails Thor will know you reported the issue before while still under warranty.

Note: If they don't fix that blemish, I wouldn't worry as long as everything else was fine. I would be afraid as to how they would attempt to fix as they may make it worse?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:36 AM   #13

THOR #23285
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I would finish my inspection of coach, take a trip or two before saying anything. Make a punch list of everything possible that you may find including this item.

Write up your list in a nice computer list and take to dealer just before fall or when you are ready to winterized it. Let them worry about fixing everything on the list and don't rush them. Depending on how long your list will be, be prepared to take it back at least once. I would not engage Thor until there is something Dealer is not fixing. I would ensure that eventually everything that needed to be done makes its way to Thor before the 1 year warranty is up. That way if something fails Thor will know you reported the issue before while still under warranty.

Note: If they don't fix that blemish, I wouldn't worry as long as everything else was fine. I would be afraid as to how they would attempt to fix as they may make it worse?
That's sounds like good advise ,I do have call Thor about registering all appliances/hvac system since I didn't recieve cards frm the dealer
Old 05-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #14
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattner View Post
That's sounds like good advise ,I do have call Thor about registering all appliances/hvac system since I didn't recieve cards frm the dealer
You can register appliances etc on line.

Talking to Thor does not always comply with the warranty. Reporting the issue to the dealer allows them to verify the problem and that complies.

Also, the longer you wait the more likely the dealer will claim it is customer damage. If it is cracked water penetration is likely resulting in delamination.

Sorry I don’t subscribe to the wait and compile a list before reporting.

You are, however, free to handle the issue in whichever manner your wallet can afford.

Good luck.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:59 PM   #15

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
We did this as someone suggested and worked well "Write up your list in a nice computer list and take to dealer just before fall or when you are ready to winterized "

Also you can register your vin on thor website and sownload all books and videos

Good luck!! i always take dated pictures of inside/outside issues and email thor at
wsupport@tmcrv.com to have all dated and documented
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #16

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Notify your dealer immediately about any issues with the outside finish or roof, those items often have a very limited window to submit a warranty claim.
Most anything else I would agree make a list, check it twice, then return to your dealer possibly in the fall when you won't need the coach for several months.
When you return for your list of warranty repairs have them compile a list of parts they need to order & then set up a date & time to return the coach for those repairs after they have to parts in hand & a firm completion date to complete the repairs or your coach may set in their back lot for months "waiting on parts".
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #17
Site Team

THOR #1469
Just looked at my warranty. 10 days after taking delivery for defects at delivery.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:57 PM   #18

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
also i sequentially numbered each item in a word doc and based on dealer response to thor..if a part was delayed or questioned, i used the exact number to address with thor and beingin the middle helped. also i had the deal place yellow tape on each fix to match the number in my word doc.
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #19

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
also i sequentially numbered each item in a word doc and based on dealer response to thor..if a part was delayed or questioned, i used the exact number to address with thor and beingin the middle helped. also i had the deal place yellow tape on each fix to match the number in my word doc.
That is EXACTY what we did, but we used Blue tape

After every update I would send to Winnebago with my Serial number, miles and disclaimer that I was working with the dealer to resolve. They store in my file because they even tracked the things I had Dealer do that was not warranty, i.e. Battery Disconnect switch, AGS etc.

To OP

I also agree with those that state some items warrant immediate attention. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. But if you have roof leak, slide not working, issues with levelers etc. I would report immediately. I had some bubbling from water delamination on inside of my hatch that I reported that initially they said was cosmetic., it stayed on my list and one day the Service Manager took a look at it and agreed with me, they replaced the entire hatch.

My main point of wait was simply for matter of convenience to you ( or for me in my case). My dealer is a hour and 15 min one way so I wanted to maximize the trips. It was always a crap shoot as to how long they may have. I didn't have anything that would classify as critical or showstopper. The more I used my coach, the more little bitty things I saw. Try to do everything at least once while you enjoy your coach during the summer was my main point. Allow the non critical items be fixed / scheduled when it is most convenient for you. During the interim keep your list with the dealer and copy the same to Thor. My warranty expired 7 months ago and Winnebago is still taking care of few items. Some were noted on my list and some were not. It kind of depends on the issue and if it was obvious it was that way when I bought it.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:28 AM   #20

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Arizona
THOR #14946
I agree with those before me who have said get it in quick. Our rig had some major flaws after pickup. I put together a list and was told they would only work on 10 at a time. Plan to leave your rig for possibly a month or more depending on the repairs needed. Our rig was in the shop for 2 1/2 months for the first 10 fixes, trim, silicone missing, shower leaks, broken cabinet, kitchen and bathroom trim, wall in bathroom not secure (yup the wall was loose), torn up exterior trim. There were all sorts of problems that were not so minor that were found while cleaning and prepping for our first trip with the rig. Our first year was spend in the dealership.