Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2022, 07:09 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
The number on the MFS is 6U94-13K359-AA (apparently supersedes SW-5578)

Not sure if other MFS would work say for an F150 or others.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:05 PM   #22

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
My Bad , I thought we were talking about the Ing. Switch .
Old 08-22-2022, 09:15 PM   #23

THOR #3923
Well....change out the multi-function switch and no change. But one thing that I did notice was this (with both switches)....all the individual intermittent settings don't chance the windshield speed. The first intermittent setting (slow) works...go to the next setting the speed doesn't change...the wipers only go faster at the end of the intermittent setting.
Old 08-28-2022, 12:39 PM   #24

THOR #3923
Well...I'm here to report I got the wipers fixed. It took me awhile to find the problem(s), as I hate to take any of my vehicles to a shop for two reasons...I feel like I'm getting ripped off, and secondly and most importantly, I like to learn about the problem.

I actually found two problems...

First of all, I have always been convinced that the wipers have never worked since day one and the problem I found supports this. I say this because I had the coach for about 2-years and never drove it in the rain...the first time I did, the wipers wouldn't turn off.

After replacing the multi-function switch that didn't fix the problem, I decided to check the motor and ended taking it apart and discovered all this grease on the contacts. Why someone would put this much grease in the unit boggles my mind.

The other problem I found was that the wiper controller was flakey. I had bought one a while back ago and tried it, but that didn't solve the problem. So, I put the original back in. However, i also had discovered that not all the intermittent wiper settings worked....which again, I wasn't aware of as I never drove it in the rain and when I did, I didn't use the intermittent settings. So, after removing the original and putting in the one I had, the intermittent settings worked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiper motor.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	39261
Old 08-28-2022, 05:10 PM   #25

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Interesting, thanks for the update
Old 08-28-2022, 05:48 PM   #26

THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguir View Post
Interesting, thanks for the update
I'm just glad I found the problem...I just hope it doesn't reappear, but I tested the crap out of it, and it appears to be working fine. I can't imagine what this would have cost me had I taken it into a shop.

This problem has always concerned me since the day...lucky for me, I haven't encountered rain except that one time a year or two after I bought it.

The only think that does kind of bug me is that my wipers don't park as low as I'd like them to. I would think that they would park at the lowest point that they wipe at...they don't. They wipe (especially when the wipers are on high), almost to the rubber weatherstripping...yet they park about 5" above that.

I created another post asking if there was a way to adjust JUST the park location, but it doesn't appear you can. After looking at some photos of my model (29M), it appears they all park kind of high.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:38 PM   #27

Model: 2022 Sanctuary
State: Florida
THOR #26179
Thanks for the update also , sometimes you have to be a detective to find issues . If that was dielectric grease you might have bee OK .
Old 08-30-2022, 02:33 PM   #28

THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthgear View Post
Thanks for the update also , sometimes you have to be a detective to find issues . If that was dielectric grease you might have bee OK .
It might be, but the problem was the contacts were floating on top of it like skis on snow.
Old 11-15-2023, 04:42 PM   #29

State: North Carolina
THOR #31294
Thanks for the input I have the same issue with my 2016 Windsport. Guess I better remove that motor and take a look. That was going to be my next guess. I to like fixing my on problems.
Old 11-15-2023, 09:47 PM   #30

State: North Carolina
THOR #31294
Wiper not turning off

After removing the motor and opening it up found the same thing clumps of grease on contacts. Cleaned reassembled and reinstalled and bam they shut off just fine. Maybe we need to go to work for Thor seems we can fix there issues👍
Old 11-15-2023, 10:25 PM   #31

THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardbrown View Post
After removing the motor and opening it up found the same thing clumps of grease on contacts. Cleaned reassembled and reinstalled and bam they shut off just fine. Maybe we need to go to work for Thor seems we can fix there issues👍
How cool is that!?!

This problem was really difficult to figure out....who would have thought it was the contacts in the motor when it's not even that old.