Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2016, 01:47 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #3712
New to the Forum !!!

I am looking at a 34 bunk model.... Either a Hurricane or Windsport . I assume the Miramar is a little nicer finish out but can't see a real difference in the hurricane and the windsport........Any input is appreciated.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:09 AM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Hurricane and Windsport are cousins... you won't find much in the way of differences. A marketing way of having dealers in same area with 'exclusive' lines able to sell essentially the same motorhome.
You may get a better price from a dealer selling one or the other.
Features and such will be the same.

(Same for other cousins... like Axis and Vegas...)
Old 02-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #3

THOR #3712
Ok, that makes sense, I appreciate the info gmc......Are you happy with your Hurricane?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:25 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robf View Post
Ok, that makes sense, I appreciate the info gmc......Are you happy with your Hurricane?
We are happy with our Hurricane. The important thing is the dealer, check out the dealer's service department. Hurricane or Windsport makes no difference, you want to be able to get good service.
http://[/IMG]

2015 Hurricane 27K
2013 Redhawk
1988 Pace Arrow
fivejackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
One important thing:

If you intend to purchase from a dealer outside you geographic area to take advantage of lower prices be sure to first contact the local dealer's service departments and ask if they perform warranty service on motor homes they do not sell.

Two things are common in this regard.

First many dealers will not service a motor home they did not sell. These dealers are not willing to accept reduced labor rates for warranty work on a coach for which they did not realize a sales profit.

Second is if they are willing to service the coach under warranty often times they will put you on the bottom of the waiting list with their local customers taking priority. This can result in folks having to wait months for a service appointment.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:01 AM   #6

THOR #3712
Very good advice, I appreciate all the feedback !!!!!
Old 02-25-2016, 12:11 AM   #7
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Happy with the Hurricane in general... Like the layout...
The issues I've had are not unique to the Hurricane by any means.

The dealer is key as Don and Jackie said... They can make/break your experience... I haven't been impressed with mine after the sale... so be looking for someone else to service after our current winter trip (and to buy the next one from down the road).
I'm out of warranty - so hopefully won't have an issue (as Dave mentioned - it can be a challenge)

I've had to fix a number of smaller items... wrestling with some intermittent failures that never fail for the dealer... but overall do like the unit.

I got an extended service plan - and while I like the protection - the inconvenience of having to take it to a dealer to get anything covered is a pain... perhaps a better dealer will help that as well.