Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2017, 02:28 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arkansas
THOR #6740
Unhappy New Gemini LP Gas Shut off

Hi I've got a long story that I'm hoping will trigger someone with special knowledge to find the underlying substrate that has shut off my LP gas flow. I picked up the 2017 new Gemini in Virginia and immediately noted a sulfur smell. The dealer thought it was the diesel particulate matter filter going through a rejuvenation cycle. So I drove it a hundred miles and the smell became intolerable making me sick. I had both windows down at 50 mph with a 20 mph cross wind at 30 degrees and although uncomfortable that's what it took to be able to breath. After 200 miles the smell stopped but the chasis battery did too and to start the vehicle I had to use the emergency overide from the coach but even that barely turned over the engine. I finally got home a thousand miles down the road and found that the chasis battery had completely shorted out and the coach battery leads were only finger tight. Now I cannot get the LP to flow except one time when I cycled the gas detector switch. The coach batteries are weak and only hold a charge for 24 hours before needing a recharge. Somehow it seems like the LP gas detector was affected by the defective coach batteries and has shut off the LP flow. Is this possible? Is there a way to recycle this system to permit LP gas flow? Thanks

Old 08-30-2017, 01:57 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
If you are talking about the LP detector in the bedroom, I do not believe it has the ability to shut off LP flow, only sound an alarm that you have loose LP inside. As far as the house batteries, what if anything is running during the 24 hours? What position is the use/store switch? There are parasitic electrical draws, as long as the batteries are connected, so you might want to measure current flow going out of the batteries. If there is zero draw and they just go dead in 24 hours, sounds like the batteries are toast. Our Gemini is the one model that is on the Mercedes chassis, and in a year, we have had zero problems with anything drivetrain or chassis related, other then with driving, the oil got dirty and had to be changed. As far as LP flow, I would first look at the regulator valve, they have been known to go bad and restrict or stop LP flow.

Tags
battery failure, gas detector, gemini, lp gas