Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2017, 04:17 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #6395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parks0412 View Post
I bought my used Palazzo from MHSRV last month. Everything went well, just like they said over the phone. They picked us up at the airport and gave us a free lunch. They took us straight to our MH. Started the pdi, then went for test drive. Signed papers, continued the pdi and then they lent us a car so we could go to Walmart for supplies. Spent the night in the coach. The next morning they fixed a couple of minor issues and we were on our way back home to California.

That's great, thanks for the input.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #22

THOR #6395
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
On the Thor website click on the owner button at the top of the page, go to bottom of the page and click on Thor forums which is how you got here! Look under modifications and updates, click on Jerry's Hurricane mods. There are about 29 pages of mods and tips for a 29M from Jerry, Dino, myself, and others, lots of great ideas and information.

Think you'll love the 29M, I know all of us do!!!

Jerry lives in California, Dino in Lubbock, and I live in Desoto just north of you. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have!!!

Thank you, that's very kind.

Robert
Old 03-03-2017, 06:10 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: New Mexico
THOR #4547
Does MHSRV deal beyond the price they list? For example, they post the MSRP, then the 25% off MSRP and if you email them for the "sale price" they quickly send a response with a slightly lower price (on the 29M is was about $5,000 lower than the posted price). Do they deal beyond that price--particularly now when 2018s are right around the corner? Or should we consider the emailed price their best and final?
Old 03-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #24

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
The price depends. They don't like to keep a coach on the lot for more than a three months. If if it doesn't sell by 90 days, they usually lower the price by 2%. So if it is a special order or a new fast selling coach the price is fixed. If the coach has been around for 90 days or more, you can get as much as 5% off the listed price. Often if you are an easy sell, the salesman will split his commission with you. Price discounts also vary by season. The new model year is around April so coaches sold in the first three months of the year are usually heavily discounted. The Doug and Sharon O'Banion own the place and Donny is the CEO. There are other family members in various management positions so it a family operation. They are very approachable people. The employ 20 sales associates so as you can see, it is a big place.

If you do buy from MHSRV, be sure to meet Tim Johnson. The is a service manager. If you ever have a problem with your coach, he is the guy that make the magic happen. Mitch Bennett was our salesman.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 10:59 PM   #25

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozeek View Post
Does MHSRV deal beyond the price they list? For example, they post the MSRP, then the 25% off MSRP and if you email them for the "sale price" they quickly send a response with a slightly lower price (on the 29M is was about $5,000 lower than the posted price). Do they deal beyond that price--particularly now when 2018s are right around the corner? Or should we consider the emailed price their best and final?
Btw, if you click on Calculate Payment for the unit you're looking at with MHSRV it will show the sale price and that is the price whether you finance or pay cash (instead of having them email the price). They also don't like to be undercut by other dealers. If you see a better price somewhere else on the same unit let them know & they will deal with you.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:30 PM   #26

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Super nice people! The price they send you is pretty much it, with the conditions listed above. I checked prices at several dealers, nobody came close to MSHRV.

I with Jim, Tim Johnson is AWSOME!!!

I wouldn't even give a second thought to going anywhere else after the great experience I had with MSHRV!!!