Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2022, 11:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #28156
Newbie Question - 2015 Thor Vegas 24.1 - Where is the fresh water tank drain?

My "newbie" question is, where is the drain plug AND/OR how do I drain the fresh water tank (not the gray water)?

Before someone helpfully suggests that I read my owner's manual, I do not have one and I did a search on Thor Forums before I asked. If I missed it on the forum, please point me in the right direction.

Thank You in Advance,

Lee
"WhatHappensInVegas"

Old 10-14-2022, 11:12 PM   #2

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Hey Lee - I can't answer the fresh drain valve question but someone will chime in soon.

You might try to register your RV with your vin# on the Thor website - I'm not sure when they started this but if your RV made the cut they should have all manuals available to you online.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 06:23 AM   #3

Model: 2021 Vegs 24.1
State: California
THOR #22619
Check here for documentation on your vehicle:
https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners?utm_source=tmcapp

On our 2021 24.1 the drain is a ball valve under the passenger side bed in the back.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:05 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #15327
If it's like the 25.1 it is located in a compartment along the floor adjacent to the tank on the right side of the vehicle. there are 4 valves, it's the lowest one.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:44 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #15327
I noticed you said you did not have an owners manual. We did get one from the previous owner but it is very generic and covers several vehicles.

Someone furnished this link to me a couple of years ago. It may help, you can thank Mr Felker

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0..._Axis_Manual_9.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:24 PM   #6

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Wisconsin
THOR #27805
Welcome to the adventure
We have a new to to us 2017 ACE 29.4 and those generic manuals are almost useless. But, if you read enough of it you might start to figure out which sections refer to your rig. The Thor Customer site (https://thor.mizecx.com/login.html) after setting up with your VIN has a ton of information, again, you have to figure out what applies to your coach. I got lucky and discovered a work colleague who has a 2015 ACE 30.1, which shares some components.
Now to your fresh water drain valve question, I read manuals, forum threads and talked with my buddy and finally found it! In mine it's under a drawer in the bedroom. Had to squeeze my head into there with a headlamp on and found the valves, which I couldn't get to with my head in the hole looking at the valves. So it takes a bit of a contortionist move to get it, but there it is
Good luck and have fun Remember its a journey!
Old 12-30-2022, 06:06 AM   #7

Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #14093
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappensInVegas View Post
My "newbie" question is, where is the drain plug AND/OR how do I drain the fresh water tank (not the gray water)?

Before someone helpfully suggests that I read my owner's manual, I do not have one and I did a search on Thor Forums before I asked. If I missed it on the forum, please point me in the right direction.

Thank You in Advance,

Lee

"WhatHappensInVegas"
Yes, on 2015 Axis 24.1 the fresh water drain valve is located under the bed on passenger site. It is pretty easy to lift the mattress, open the lid, and you will see the entire plumbing system.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:00 AM   #8

Model: 2024 Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #28777
Vegas/Axis 24.1 info

If you log into the Thor site, go to the owners section then resources there are a lot of reference booklets for download. And, if you creat an account and include your VIN number you will find some info specific to your coach. One of many pubs I grabbed was the detailed schematics of my 2023 Vegas 24.1. It shows everything including the location of the fresh water and low point drains; both under the passenger side bed as was already pointed out. This is how I found out about the additional storage under the driver side bed.

Hope this is helpful.

Enjoy your coach.