Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-13-2018, 10:16 PM   #21
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 16,267
THOR #8860
Since you're not the original owner: it's not surprising that Thor is going to want to pay for it...
That's pretty well spelled-out in the warranty paperwork.

It's still sucks!
__________________

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"History shows again and again; how Nature points out the folly of Man!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:58 PM   #22
Member
 
bharrisv65's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
Posts: 82
THOR #10421
True but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Since you're not the original owner: it's not surprising that Thor is going to want to pay for it...
That's pretty well spelled-out in the warranty paperwork.

It's still sucks!
In the interests of taking care of the customer, since it was proven they were never installed, they SHOULD pay the bill. I was a DVP for O'Reilly Auto before I retired and I cannot begin to tell you how much money we shelled out, just taking care of the customer, even when it was the manufacturer's fault and not ours!

I posted a few weeks ago how I would buy another Thor but not a new one, maybe one a few months old that's had all the kinks worked out but after all the shoddy crap I've been fixing and seeing how poor the quality is, I think I'll take my chances on another brand. I'll also do a more thorough look over since now I'm more acclimated to what to look at and for. I know other manufacturers may be as bad but I'm sure a Tiffin, Foretravel...something along those lines HAS to be better made. The way I see things and with all the issues Thor and others have, they should just make a MH kit and let the consumer put it together or have it done by a competent facility. Heck, we end up dang near putting it BACK together right after we get into them anyways.....
__________________

__________________
Bill, Christine and Bella (Chihuahua, thinks she's a Rottweiler!)
2018 Thor Challenger 37YT
bharrisv65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:11 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Mike in AZ's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
Posts: 506
THOR #7863
Fooch, that totally sux. I understand second owner, blah blah blah but as others said, Thor should readily step up to stand behind this pitiful workmanship on your coach.
__________________
__________
Mike
USAF Veteran, Retired Security Professional
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:27 AM   #24
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
Posts: 45
THOR #2753
Thanks all. I thought they just might. It really isn't the money as it was only about $55. And luckily I caught it in time. All the BS about me being the second owner and out of warranty is just that, BS. But I guess what bothered me is that I very easily proved it came that way from the factory and I did spend my time getting it taken care of. How that piece of foam weatherstripping held it still all this time I'll never know. Maybe it didn't. Maybe I just pushed on it the right way and discovered it, who knows. Unfortunately we purchased this unit a few months after our daughter passed away. I failed to do my due diligence and research what we were buying. I was just trying to make momma happy. And as I said previously, we haven't had a lot of problems other than 3 leveling jack lines blowing out and an awning problem. At least now I know what to look for in an RV as far as quality and workmanship goes. And if we're fortunate enough to buy another unit, it most likely will not be a THOR.
__________________
Fooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
rickymac's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
Posts: 288
THOR #6507
Thank you Fooch,

When I read your question, "Is it possible they were never installed?" It made me laugh.

Thanks
__________________
Rick & Jan
with Lilly (Most Active Dog) & Mattie (Laziest Dog in the World)
Wally: 2014 Thor Windsport 34f
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:42 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 16,267
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooch View Post
Thanks all. I thought they just might. It really isn't the money as it was only about $55. And luckily I caught it in time. All the BS about me being the second owner and out of warranty is just that, BS. But I guess what bothered me is that I very easily proved it came that way from the factory and I did spend my time getting it taken care of. How that piece of foam weatherstripping held it still all this time I'll never know. Maybe it didn't. Maybe I just pushed on it the right way and discovered it, who knows. Unfortunately we purchased this unit a few months after our daughter passed away. I failed to do my due diligence and research what we were buying. I was just trying to make momma happy. And as I said previously, we haven't had a lot of problems other than 3 leveling jack lines blowing out and an awning problem. At least now I know what to look for in an RV as far as quality and workmanship goes. And if we're fortunate enough to buy another unit, it most likely will not be a THOR.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss...
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"History shows again and again; how Nature points out the folly of Man!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #27
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
Posts: 45
THOR #2753
Thank you Bob. Rickymac Why is that?
__________________
Fooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
rickymac's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
Posts: 288
THOR #6507
I have owned my rig for one year now. It never ceases to amaze me on the number of missing screws, finding tools, reversed switches, and other odd things.

But, that being said, we love our Thor and have great times when we travel. You have a house, moving down the road, on a truck, things are going to happen.

My wife retired last week. I have 18 months until I retire again. We plan on selling the house and become full-time RVers. No more big house, pool, hot tub, yard. We just take good care of Wally (our rig).
__________________
Rick & Jan
with Lilly (Most Active Dog) & Mattie (Laziest Dog in the World)
Wally: 2014 Thor Windsport 34f
Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #29
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 5,051
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymac View Post
I have owned my rig for one year now. It never ceases to amaze me on the number of missing screws, finding tools, reversed switches, and other odd things.

But, that being said, we love our Thor and have great times when we travel. You have a house, moving down the road, on a truck, things are going to happen.

My wife retired last week. I have 18 months until I retire again. We plan on selling the house and become full-time RVers. No more big house, pool, hot tub, yard. We just take good care of Wally (our rig).
I think I found all your missing screws laying around in my rig in out of the way places.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:55 PM   #30
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 16,267
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
I think I found all your missing screws laying around in my rig in out of the way places.
I might have found a couple of them in my rig... underneath the bench seat!

We should start a "Spare Parts Exchange Program"!
__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"History shows again and again; how Nature points out the folly of Man!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:59 PM   #31
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
Posts: 45
THOR #2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickymac View Post
I have owned my rig for one year now. It never ceases to amaze me on the number of missing screws, finding tools, reversed switches, and other odd things.

But, that being said, we love our Thor and have great times when we travel. You have a house, moving down the road, on a truck, things are going to happen.

My wife retired last week. I have 18 months until I retire again. We plan on selling the house and become full-time RVers. No more big house, pool, hot tub, yard. We just take good care of Wally (our rig).
I hear you. But I don't think I would be laughing too hard if the compartment fell out while underway. And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to come from the factory put together properly, this didn't just happen. It's just taken almost 3 years for this little defect to surface. We too enjoy our unit. I just think it's very cheaply put together.
__________________
Fooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Hittntherooad's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 326
THOR #3952
Well, I just went out and checked mine. It had 3 of the 5 screws left in it. 2, I could turn with my fingers. I replaced all 5 with longer and bigger screws. Be aware there isnít much to screw to so I used a size that threaded into the metal bracket on the compartment. Also the bracket holding the generator exhaust where it comes out the side of the rv was loose. The screw was missing. I turned the bracket so I could through bolt it into the metal compartment side. Not sure how long itís been dangling. I also went around and put extra screws in all the compartment bottoms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E5D0837C-CBA4-437A-AF41-FE9CA39A4754.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	9038  
__________________
Ace 30.1
Hittntherooad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Hittntherooad's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.1
State: North Carolina
Posts: 326
THOR #3952
Bolted back. Not going anywhere now. You can see where the bracket was originally screwed to. Sheet metal.
Have to remember these things take a lot of abuse running 70 down the highway. I remember traveling I-10 and thinking everything was going to come loose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	842E313C-81BE-4C5B-A28E-F5C4EEB7A97D.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	9039  
__________________
Ace 30.1
Hittntherooad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:06 PM   #34
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 16,267
THOR #8860
Nice catch!
I'm glad that you caught this before it became a "Page One Event".
__________________

__________________
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
"History shows again and again; how Nature points out the folly of Man!"
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×