Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Massachusetts
THOR #15847
Cool Not Discouraged YET, Just Questioning..

Not sure where to go with this one, but I love my Thor Windsport 29M. I just picked it up 2 weeks ago and began its maiden voyage last Sunday.... lately I have noticed things in and around the coach and took pictures. I did not notice anything when I purchased this. For example: two of the drawers used to close tight and now they don't. The side privacy curtain on the passengers side lost a screw. The passenger slide window has a chip on the side. I still can't figure what is draining into the black tank... it says 67% full while the grey indicates 33%... seems like a lot just for 4 days of minimal usage. I anticipate that all my concerns are covered under the Thor warranty?.... Help! I feel buyers remorse coming on!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
I still can't figure what is draining into the black tank... it says 67% full while the grey indicates 33%... seems like a lot just for 4 days of minimal usage. I anticipate that all my concerns are covered under the Thor warranty?.... Help! I feel buyers remorse coming on!!!!!!
Bathroom sink and toilet go into black tank. Kitchen sink, shower and outside kitchen sink go into the gray water tank. Make use you use lots of water when you flush. The shallow end of the black tank is under the toilet and things tend to pile-up.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #3

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Welcome to the forum! Any of the different makes will have some "brand new from the factory issues". If you're handy with a screw driver (square Robertson head) work on the small issues yourself. That's better than having your MH sitting for weeks at the rv shop. It also helps you get to know the working parts of your MH. Oh, and if you need spare screws just look into the under bed compartments or in the compartments under the dinette. Keep an open mind and have patience.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Just keep a running list of items to be repaired. Try out all of the systems to be sure they work properly. Everyone goes through the same thing at first. My first mh in 2015 had many issues and I felt the same way. Once everything was fixed it was great. I now have a 2018 Thor Siesta which had very few minor issues compared to the 2016. It was an upgrade for me to go to the Thor Siesta from a Winnebago ERA Class B mh. This forum is also a lot of help with many experienced rv owners ready to help out.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #14384
The stock black tank sensors on all RV's are notoriously horrible. At the campground empty your black tank, and then close the valve. Go in, run the shower for a minute, and then go back out and open the black valve, nothing comes out? Then it doesn't drain into that the tank.

My guess is the bathroom sink and toilet are all that go into the black.

Screws falling out will be a forever thing with an RV. Its a house rattling down roads that sadly are often far from smooth. I have a place in the RV we put anything (screw, chunk of plastic, whatever) that we find on the floor and are unsure where it goes. If they don't screw in tight again, I glue some toothpicks in the hole and when that dries reinstall.

The drawers need adjustment, warranty should take care of that.

Chip in the window, if your dealer is good they will see that a as a pre-delivery problem or warranty problem and fix it.

Having issues like you have are normal, relax, and enjoy.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Don't let the little things spoil the fun that you're having...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:01 PM   #7

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Bathroom sink and toilet go into black tank. Kitchen sink, shower and outside kitchen sink go into the gray water tank. Make use you use lots of water when you flush. The shallow end of the black tank is under the toilet and things tend to pile-up.
Full bowl of water when you poop. Just like at home.
You will always find things to fix from every brand. Learn to fix things yourself.
The dealer is no longer your friend. Save him for the big stuff.
Indiercater lights done work for long
Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #8

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Indiercater lights done work for long
Whaaatt?
Old 07-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #14384
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Whaaatt?
Translation.

Indicator lights don't work for long. Referring to the black tank level indicators.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5313
We have had our unit 3 years and blank tank sensors are still working. Very important to not let tank dry out. If it is going to sit more than 7 days, we flush a bowl full of water to keep damp. When in doubt is easy to shine light down to see real level as our tank is directly below toilet.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #11

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
"For example: two of the drawers used to close tight and now they don't"
When you have the drawer issue looked at, make sure they check the rear frame of the cabinet as it may be sagging or falling, causing the misalignment. Many have had a similar issue with Palazzo kitchen drawers which the dealers tried to fix just by moving the rear mount of the drawer slide and not addressing the actual problem, which only fixes it temporarily.
Enjoy your new rig!