Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2015, 04:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #1607
Ordering a 2016 Vegas 25.1 ????

My wife and I just visited the Thor Plant and the Vegas Rep provided us with a tour and answer and few questions. All of the question ask came from reading this forum in regards to issue other had with there MH.

The other purpose of the tour was to determind how much custom work the factory could or would be willing to do if ordering a unit. All they are willing to do outside of interior color changes are leave out all the fans and allow the dealer to charge me for upgraded fantastic fans. I was hoping to have a water fliter/regulator installed, satelite wiring and upgraded water level indicator panels.

With that said my local dealer is providing me with a discounted cost for the extra that I decide upon.

At this point the dealer is looking into the following items

2 fliter water system with a regulator (this will sit outside the MH based on limited space?)
LED ligths thoughout the inside and outside of MH
Sewer hose storage tube mounted under MH
Screen protection at hot water tank and propane tank
Propane extendor kit for outside grillling
Rear wheel valve extension to allow easier filling of tires
Battery fill kit to allow easier filling of batteries
Flush out kit for the black holding tank

The big ticket items that I'm wanting to add and could us some suggestion are

Invertor
Solor panels

Satetlite Dish System that will allow for watching TV while driving, differnt show per TV. Would like a swith to go from campground cable to satelite and wondering if they make a unit that mounts on your roof and also could be removed if you park under trees and wanted in move into an open area.

We plan on using the MH for long weekends around Michigan/Ohio in summer time and then traveling to the FLA Keys in the winter and parking for a few months. In between the wife and I time we will be having family road trips for dinner and tailgating

If I should consider any other upgrades please let me know.

Dealer was not wanting to be respondsible for adding insulation under the hood to quiet the ride (per Randy suggestion) but I can handle that.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Old 02-25-2015, 04:31 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
All of the interior lighting in the Vegas/Axis units are LED. The exceptions are the exterior running lights (headlights, cab lights, brakes, etc.) (not sure if the porch light is LED or not).
Our Axis came with the valve extenders already on the inner rear wheels.
If you are handy you can add the underbody sewer hose storage yourself (see here http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...-3-go-820.html ).
My dealer added the Tornado black flush kit for us--be sure you tell them where you want it mounted!
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:57 PM   #3

State: Ohio
THOR #1607
Where did you have your tornado black flush kit mounted?

LED lights are outside and in storage areas.
What area of Michigan are you from. I just sold my lake home in the Howell area is one of the the reason getting into the RV.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I had just asked the dealer to install it (and didn't provide any instructions about where I wanted it--silly me I know!). Thus they installed it in the easiest place possible: Dead center at the top of the accessible side of the black tank (on the 24.1 you open the long side hatch on the drivers side to get access to the tank: there is no storage there just black tank). The instructions for it say to install it on the wall farthest from the exit plumbing.

I'm on the West side of Detroit.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote