Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2018, 01:57 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane S31
State: Maryland
THOR #12110
Overhead bed Hurricane 31S

On my 2017 Hurricane 31S the overhead bed comes down un-level and goes up the same and gets stuck like and I have to physically assist pushing driver side up. I only used it a few times and never did that before. After having to push it up I’m afraid to use it in fear it will get stuck down preventing driving. Any one else have similar issues. I know it is not working the way it should but Can’t seem to get any answers yet. Appreciate any suggestions.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:12 AM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Ours did that in our 29M. It turned out the controller in the over head compartment had to be reset. We got the bed all the way down, reset the controller and then ran it all the way up letting it amp out. It has worked fine ever since.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:33 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #9314
My Vegas did the same thing. The repair shop raised and lowered it several times without stopping either way. Thor told them to do that and to tell me once you start it up or down do not stop. Now only issue is the pin will not click into place so back to shop it is going
Old 09-30-2018, 02:47 AM   #4

Model: outlaw 37ls
State: Europe
THOR #6831
stopping mid way is not a big deal
Old 09-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #5

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
I have a 2018 Winds port 29m. We had the same issue. CW said it just needed to be resynced but it kept having the same problem, not going up and down properly. After talking with Thor techs, CW replaced the motor on the driver's side that was falling down. A bad brake in the assembly and this should be fixed now. I tried it once and seems good. I'd contact Thor and speak with Tom Over tonight. Great guy, very smart as all the tech advisors are. Bob Trice
Old 09-30-2018, 09:04 PM   #6

THOR #9553
Overton, damn spell check
Old 09-30-2018, 09:09 PM   #7

THOR #9553
Hey lonefir, that is just what my problem was, pin would not line up and snap in. Replacement of the motor fixed it all...
Old 09-30-2018, 11:29 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane S31
State: Maryland
THOR #12110
Overhead bed Hurricane 31S

Thanks everyone for the feed back. I went thru the reset process and it seemed to fix it for now. After doing that I ran it up and down several times ok. I still don’t like the noise it made during rest process. Soonest I can get it in to dealer to check it out is month away. I have had one heck of a time getting technical service to answer or respond to email but will try again and see if I can get Tom Overton or Bob Trice. Thanks again everyone it’s has been big help. Also not to wish any bad luck but feel a little better knowing others have similar experience.