Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2017, 03:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 40AX
State: Florida
THOR #7078
Vent pipes and Skylight

Good morning Thor Owners,

This is Suzzanne again and I have a 2016 Thor Tuscany XTE 40AX, I am interested in replacing the vet pipe with black vent pipes and also replacing the rear bathroom white skylight on top of the coach with a smoked skylight, has anyone done that and if so, is it hard to do? I would like to do it myself.

Appreciate any reply

Suzzanne

Old 04-17-2017, 05:12 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
If it is just changing the vent pipes to black for looks, paint them with a plastic paint. As to the shower Skylight, Rustolium makes a frosting paint for plastic and glass. Painting would be a better solution to both than replacing and risking leaks if you do not seal everything properly.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #3

THOR #7078
vent pipes and skylight

Thanks so much for the reply. I have not purchased the skylight yet, I was told by Thor that it is a 22x22 skylight, there is an after market on that. I purchased the Eternabond tape as well as the dicor/roller. I may have it done vice doing it myself.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #4

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I too would just paint the pipes. Don't think it's very realistic to replace them.

No big deal to change a skylight. It's nothing more than a plastic dome with face screws right down through the roof.....
and a secondary inside dome screwed to the ceiling inside with a trim flange around it.
I took mine apart, and replaced it when I had the roof done. I ordered the part but they did the install. Still I took it apart so I saw what was involved.
You can take the inside trim ring off easy enough to see for yourself.

Look for youtube videos on changing roof vents or installing fantastic fans or maxxair fans. It'll give you a good idea of what's involved. You might even find a vid of a skylight replacement, but i think the fans are more common and therefore more likely to find a good one.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:52 PM   #5

THOR #7078
vent pipes and skylight

Thank so much for the reply....I will paint the vent pipes and replace the skylight with a smoked one. I can leave the inside of the skylight there.

Suzzanne