Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-06-2021, 05:35 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrellRV View Post
We drove 2 hours to look at a 2020 Palazzo 33.6, and opted out after the dealer said “the price you see is the price you pay” and refused to budge. Rolled 45 minutes down the road to the same name dealer, and got a cream puff 2019 Aria 3601 for 2k less than the Palazzo. Used price, but coach was 1 owner, only had 4300 miles and the remainder of the factory warranty (9 months). Glad we did, as the Aria has a floor plan that fits us better than the Palazzo, and the dealership gives additional perks to buyers of “luxury” MH’s.
Congrats on the new to you rv. What did you think about the dinette in the 33.6?

Old 01-26-2022, 09:35 PM   #22

Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #22292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher View Post
We have a 2020 33.5 and though we have only 5 K on it, lived in it for 2 months the past summer while we were camp hosts. We wanted the bunkhouse for the additional storage that we get from the bunkbeds. There is just my wife and I and 2 small dogs.

We tow a jeep cherokee and will spend the summer at Custer SP.

Things I like are the ample storage, lights in every bay, side opening bay doors, and the floorplan with a mid entry door. Wife wanted the washer & dryer. The 2020 has a single 100w solar panel, and induction cooktop.

We have been making mods, and added storage in the DEF compartment for sewer hoses, added a handrail in the stairwell, and redid the driver side blinds to allow the cabinet beside the bed to open fully. ( 2021 model altered design to permit the cabinet to open.) Added an extend a stay to facilitate an external propane tank as well.

There is underutilized storage under the rear dinette seat and under the bed that I will work on later. We are considering replacing the couch with recliners.

We are going to Walkerusa to have a few item corrected under warranty. I want them fixed properly, and an issue I have found is finding a reputable dealer willing to do warranty work on coaches they didnt sell. To me that is the biggest issue I have had.

Coach is well designed, and is meeting our needs.

The only thing remaining I do not like is the Axxerra radio and it will be replaced with one that has android auto/ apple carplay.

I havent taken this through the mountains yet but the jeep is not that heavy.
I wonder if you have looked into replacing your couch with recliners yet., I have a 2017 33.2 and want to do that as well. I went to take the couch out and found a wooden box approx. 4.5 feet long and 11 inches high under the couch., Seems it is the top of the main under carriage storage compartment. It looks as if they built the couch over top of it. Thanks for any suggestions. I have called Glastop RV Furniture to see if they have any experience with Palazzo's but haven't heard back as yet.
Old 01-27-2022, 12:13 AM   #23

Model: Palazzo
State: Maryland
THOR #20301
We visited Bradd and Hall and they do have recliners that would fit. But I lose all the space under the sofa, and there is no box. So... I removed the false panel under the sofa and it's all open space. Using heavy duty slides I constructed 2 drawers that fit under the sofa and it is a perfect place for canned goods.