Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #11046
Palazzo 33.3

Hello, what are everyone’s thoughts and experiences with the palazzo? I have a camper now but am looking to go to a diesel pusher with bunks.

Thanks, steve

Old 03-24-2018, 01:22 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.3
State: New York
THOR #3037
I have a 2014 33.3 and personally speaking i love it. We travel a large group (wife + 4 Kids and my parents) and we have a lot of room in the RV. RV rides great and all in all we are pretty happy with our unit.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Welcome to the Family!
Going from a camper to a D.P.? Wow! That's a true "Quantum Leap"!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
80,000+ miles, including the states, Alaska etc

enjoy!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #5

THOR #11046
Great to hear the positive feedback. I had a dealer try to talk me out of a palazzo and I thought he was full of it. Now I just need to find a good deal on one!

Thanks again, steve
Old 03-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #6

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
if 'his' lips were moving....

I hesitate when I hear people say "...some said", or "I heard that...", but without real world experience in what they are actually talking about. Those of us Palazzo owners truly understand the value and benefits that a 'compact diesel' bring to us, and the market, for owners who 'want it all', but not at the extreme 40-45' lengths of the longer units.

Palazzos, like many units from all sorts of manufacturers, suffered from an early 2013-14 initial engineering and build issue with Schwintec electric motor slide room mechanicals. Some had more issues than others, and like ours, we've had the warranty repairs to go with it, BUT, once defined and fixed, they are performing just as well as any other system. Don't let something like this concern you, since it's not a deal breaker, especially on the newer units. Winnebago, Fleetwood, Coachmen, Forest River, Tiffin, and most any manufacturer, ClassA, C, Fifths, and trailers all suffered.
Our main full wall slide has performed flawlessly for many, many thousands of miles - that's a LOT of in and outs.

Find a good deal, and go get it. Stay several nights at the dealer - use all the systems, the generator, and get to know it as much as possible. Take if for a test drive, for good distances, each day. Use the leveling system, get to know the air brakes, air bags, exhaust brake, etc. Use the 50a Shore Power, then go 'off grid' for one night, learning to understand the generator, Inverter, and the Magnum AGS system to automatically start the generator to recharge the batteries. Do as much as long as you can before you ever leave the dealership.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tatalovich View Post
Great to hear the positive feedback. I had a dealer try to talk me out of a palazzo and I thought he was full of it. Now I just need to find a good deal on one!

Thanks again, steve

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:01 PM   #8

THOR #11046
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
if 'his' lips were moving....

I hesitate when I hear people say "...some said", or "I heard that...", but without real world experience in what they are actually talking about. Those of us Palazzo owners truly understand the value and benefits that a 'compact diesel' bring to us, and the market, for owners who 'want it all', but not at the extreme 40-45' lengths of the longer units.

Palazzos, like many units from all sorts of manufacturers, suffered from an early 2013-14 initial engineering and build issue with Schwintec electric motor slide room mechanicals. Some had more issues than others, and like ours, we've had the warranty repairs to go with it, BUT, once defined and fixed, they are performing just as well as any other system. Don't let something like this concern you, since it's not a deal breaker, especially on the newer units. Winnebago, Fleetwood, Coachmen, Forest River, Tiffin, and most any manufacturer, ClassA, C, Fifths, and trailers all suffered.
Our main full wall slide has performed flawlessly for many, many thousands of miles - that's a LOT of in and outs.

Find a good deal, and go get it. Stay several nights at the dealer - use all the systems, the generator, and get to know it as much as possible. Take if for a test drive, for good distances, each day. Use the leveling system, get to know the air brakes, air bags, exhaust brake, etc. Use the 50a Shore Power, then go 'off grid' for one night, learning to understand the generator, Inverter, and the Magnum AGS system to automatically start the generator to recharge the batteries. Do as much as long as you can before you ever leave the dealership.
I live about 50 miles from where they are built. I may go take a factory tour like it says you can do on their website. Ideally I’m looking for a 2016 or 2017 with under 10k miles on it. Or even a 2018 for the right price. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Steve