Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2016, 07:11 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #3710
Pdi

After reading the posts I am very nervous about the PDI and taking delivery of our new Axis 24.1 on Friday 3/18...My newbie understanding is that we should take a thorough walk through...Inspection...demonstration and test drive before final purchase and taking delivery and having anything that is wrong corrected before signing and taking delivery ???? I appreciate any advice any of you have. Thank you and wish me luck...I am freaked out right now.!!!!!

Old 03-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #3581
On another forum a fellow RV'er reminded me, "don't sweat the small stuff" just enjoy the adventure! Good Luck and Happy Trails............that dates me doesn't it?
Old 03-17-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Go into CrossRoads family forum, go into the Document section, under Misc you will find a PDI section print this out and take it with you
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
You already have Ed's manual which has a pretty thorough PDI in it (if I remember correctly).

Since you are new simply have them explain to you (perhaps multiple times, and don't be afraid to ask questions...ANY question) every system. Even being a newbie you'll be able to spot something that doesn't work (shouldn't this tap water be hot? I don't think that trim piece should be falling off? etc.). Don't be afraid to point those things out, and take your own notes of what you think the dealer should be fixing--compare those with the dealer's at the end.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyT&M View Post
After reading the posts I am very nervous about the PDI and taking delivery of our new Axis 24.1 on Friday 3/18...My newbie understanding is that we should take a thorough walk through...Inspection...demonstration and test drive before final purchase and taking delivery and having anything that is wrong corrected before signing and taking delivery ???? I appreciate any advice any of you have. Thank you and wish me luck...I am freaked out right now.!!!!!
Normally the test drive is done before you make the purchase offer and hopefully you test drove the unit you are purchasing rather than a similar unit.

For my PDI I forgot to take a DVD and that is the one thing that bit me when I got the unit home. When I tested the AV system a day later I found all the cables were connected on the HDMI switch backwards.

Most important point I can give you is to do the PDI before you sign the final paperwork and if something is not working correctly tell the dealer to call you when it is fixed and leave.

Also, before signing the paperwork have the dealer make your first warranty appointment for a date between 75 and 80 days from delivery. Anything that is out of adjustment or other little items are only covered for 90 days from the date of purchase. You can always cancel an unneeded appointment but you can't always get one on the day you like.

One thing I learned is there is never a perfect PDI and something will be missed or forgotten. When you get the unit home and find an issue or can't remember something discussed during the PDI the forum is a click away.

Enjoy and have fun.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #6
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyT&M View Post
Regarding your PDI tomorrow...take your phone or tablet...and video the whole thing ! ENJOY !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:16 PM   #7

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Good luck -- as we used to say when I was still on Air Force active duty and getting ready to do something we had no experience in doing...

Never let them see you sweat -- alone, unarmed, and unafraid!!!

I also sent you a private message.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote