Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2020, 02:51 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34f
State: Indiana
THOR #20620
Plumbing specs for Hurricane 34f

I have a 2017 Hurricane 34F

Where can I find plumbing specs showing what drains to which tank etc? I left the bathroom sink on slightly one night when I was worried about the line freezing and it filled the black tank instead of the grey. I've also read that some have the kitchen sink draining into the black. I assumed only the toilet drains into the black tank and all others drain into grey.

Also, where can I get a diagram of the actual black tank in my motorhome? Since the toilet is on the opposite side of the RV from the dump valve I'm assuming the toilet side of the tank is only 6-10 inches deep and then it increases to 18-24 inches on the dump side (where I can actually see the tank). TP builds up easily under the toilet and when I poke a stick down in there it hit bottom very shallow. If its actually like a shelf that extends away from the deeper part of the tank it would help to have a visual of what it looks like to help manage the cleaning of it.

Thanks for any help!

Old 12-18-2020, 05:27 PM   #2

Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
There's an owner resource page on Thor Motorcoach site. Put your VIN in and it find's all kinds of stuff for ur coach. Not sure if it contains what ur looking for but may. Thx, Dennis.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:58 PM   #3

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
It is common but not universal for the bathroom sink to drain into the black tank. It’s done to help the black tank have plenty of liquid and because the grey tank often fills up faster so this take some of the load off of it. It’s certainly possible for some coaches to drain the kitchen to the black tank but I’ve never heard of that. If you can’t find what you need then next time you dump you can just leave the kitchen faucet on afterwards and see which tank it comes out of.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:08 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
Here is the site to navigate to:
thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

with the https://www in front of.
Register your VIN and off you go.

Tags
black tank, plumbing specs, tank diagram