Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2019, 11:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau Super C
State: Colorado
THOR #4334
Prepping to Sell our Super C - What would you do?

Greetings all! We have a 2016 Chateau Super C (35SB) that we've decided to sell simply because we don't have the time to enjoy it and for the 5-6 times a year that we do use it, it's just not worth the hassle.

My DW has the idea that we should sell everything as a packaged deal - MH, toad (2014 CRV), and all of the equipment one would need (tow gear, power, sewer, etc.). My argument is that I don't know if people are interested in this sort of investment - MH and toad together - and further, I'm also not sure if this complicates the sale.

So, my question for you all, has anyone done this before where they sold everything together as one? Did it complicate the sale or are there people out there looking for a turnkey solution? This is our first MH and while it has been fun, we're not looking to buy another one so we'll have no use for the "stuff" once we sell.

Thanks!
tb

V1VrV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:42 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1VrV2 View Post
Greetings all! We have a 2016 Chateau Super C (35SB) that we've decided to sell simply because we don't have the time to enjoy it and for the 5-6 times a year that we do use it, it's just not worth the hassle.
I can't address the "sell it all or piece it out" issue, but darn, that's a nice MH. Using it 5-6 times a year seems in line to me. Your lifestyle must be much busier than mine, but I'd love to have a MH like that.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:45 AM   #3

Model: Chateau Super C
State: Colorado
THOR #4334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squerly View Post
...Your lifestyle must be much busier than mine, but I'd love to have a MH like that.
You hit the nail on the head, Squerly - She's in the medical industry and just started a new practice, I travel a lot for my work, and add-in two kids under 10... It's busy! I sometimes feel like the MH is another "kid" to take care of, so it's time to cut back. ha!
V1VrV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #4

State: Missouri
THOR #5437
I would box up all the little add one, sewer stuff, water hose, etc keep it as I will throw this stuff in with purchase. As for the tow bar, I looked at a used MH that was throwing in the tow bar and it did help to move me to purchase. I did not however, that's another story.

I would again either sell it at a really reduced price or give it as part of sale. However I would somehow have people sign a discloser there the tow bar is AS IS. Other wise it might come back and bite you.

Keep the car
Old 05-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #5

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Can you not list them together, but price them separately so the buyer can decide?

A motorhome buyer upgrading to your rig may already have a toad, bar, and braking system they prefer, but there may be some who don’t even have a toad that may love the packaged ready-to-go purchase.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #6

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Let everything go with the MH...meaning hoses, power cables, etc...everything one would need to purchase and go straight to a campsite. Take out all the dishes and personal crap...it represents clutter...open spaces are more eye friendly. Make it looks as clean as a new one. Price the MH at one price and the toad with all hitch assemblies at another price. Offer them as a set but also offer them as separate sales. List them separately and you'll draw buyers for both. Toad buyers will not be looking in MH sales ads for a toad. By the way...what are you asking for the toad and hitch setup?...without the MH?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:18 PM   #7

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
yea, I think I would list them together but be willing to split. Pricing the major stuff separately. It's probably not worth the effort to try to separate out the little stuff like hoses and such
You might find a buyer that wants it all.
You might find a buyer that wants the MH and all the hoses and stuff
or you might find a buyer that wants the MH with NOTHING in it

When we bought our first little popup trailer, the guy selling it threw in the whole set-up...pots, pans, freshwater hose, and all. He had equipped teh thing fresh, all new...said he only used it a couple times and I believe it. It was ultra cheap stuff, but new-ish and functional. Anyway, the pots and pans and probably some of the other stuff to this day is used in our current RV