Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2022, 05:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: WS31
State: Wisconsin
THOR #25771
Propane Gauge??

Ideas....So my LP gauge on my Quantum WS31 tank reads empty and my indicator light on my panel also reads empty. Went to fill it up and it would not take any LP, guy said it was full and the valve won't let anymore Lp in. Flame on stove is good. I have been using the furnace and the hot water heater as well.

Any ideas on this would be a great help. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:38 PM   #2

State: Washington
THOR #6433
It’s probably just a faulty float. They are magnetic and can be very inaccurate. You might be able to adjust the gauge on the tank and reposition it. But if it has something to do with the float on the inside of the tank you have to wait to burn off all of the propane.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:24 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #20184
The gauge on the tank is a sensor that senses the magnet inside the tank that is attached to the float. The outer gauge is easily replaceable and I would start with that before opening up the tank to replace the float. Even removing and reinstalling the exterior gauge can fix the problem.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:26 PM   #4

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Use some propane by running stove and furnace. Check the temperature on the side of the tank. Where the temp changes will be the tank level. Easiest way to verify what you actually have in the tank.

If you don't find the vapor/liquid interface, you might be very low. A lot of propane fill vales are known to stick and if you have a green operator they might not have learned how to tell and release them.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:26 PM   #5

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip500 View Post
The gauge on the tank is a sensor that senses the magnet inside the tank that is attached to the float. The outer gauge is easily replaceable and I would start with that before opening up the tank to replace the float. Even removing and reinstalling the exterior gauge can fix the problem.
If you do wind up pulling the float you will have to purge air after refilling.