Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2019, 04:34 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
We travel with the frig operating on propane. I never turn it off when fueling up. The only time we do turn it off is going over the Chesapeke bay bridge tunnel.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:22 PM   #42

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085

Same here.

Night before I start the fridge on propane. It stays on until campground hook up. Every thing that is loaded into the fridge is cold. I do have a fan inside to help the circulation.

I do not turn off propane at the gas station. The risk at the pump negligible unless you are sloppy with the nozzle.

When I arrive at my campsite everything is cold and good to go.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #43

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Maryland
THOR #6722
We just came back from a 3 week 4K mile trip (and we are rank newbies). I turned the profane on the night before the trip and the refrig was very cold. We turned it off while driving and it stayed cold enough. When we stopped for the night...we turned the propane back on and pretty much that was the cycle. Worked for us...I have heard turning the propane off while driving is the correct way and I'm sure many leave it on while driving. For us this was the right technique to use.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #44

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
For those of us with the Vegas/Axis AIMs Inverter install, we can drive with the Inverter on and the fridge being run via 120 volt. That is, house batteries are being charged when Coach engine is running.

Then when we arrive at our boon-dock destination, we can change-over to propane (or keep on 120 volts if we plug into RV Park Shore power).