Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2018, 03:50 AM   #1

Brand: DRV
State: Texas
THOR #3109
Questions about a Vegas 25.6

Couple of ladies came in the CG this afternoon--noticed they seemed to be having some struggle getting the sewer hose hooked up. Went over to offer help--what I found was a sewer discharge in the left rear corner with a HORIZONTAL discharge above the hole in the compartment floor where it was obvious the discharge ought to be aimed. As it is, hooking the hose up, it has to exit the service door and requires a 5" rise, thus the hose/tank will never begin to empty until the fluid level rises high enough to run over the edge of the door.
How did this get out of the factory or the dealer???
Got the hose connected but don't know how it is going to drain--hopefully, the tank is high enough to provide enough drop to empty. Changing the drain discharge would be somewhat simple, but I was unwilling to loosen the valve bolts to rotate the pipe in case the seals did not work after moving.
Anyone with a similar setup and can verify the discharge should be aimed straight down thru the compartment floor?
Will try to help them in the morning to drain/unhook, but not sure what to say to them---first day out in brand new unit. Will suggest they head back to selling dealer...
Thanks,
Joe

2017 F450 KR
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:54 AM   #2
Kev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Couple of ladies came in the CG this afternoon--noticed they seemed to be having some struggle getting the sewer hose hooked up. Went over to offer help--what I found was a sewer discharge in the left rear corner with a HORIZONTAL discharge above the hole in the compartment floor where it was obvious the discharge ought to be aimed. As it is, hooking the hose up, it has to exit the service door and requires a 5" rise, thus the hose/tank will never begin to empty until the fluid level rises high enough to run over the edge of the door.
How did this get out of the factory or the dealer???
Got the hose connected but don't know how it is going to drain--hopefully, the tank is high enough to provide enough drop to empty. Changing the drain discharge would be somewhat simple, but I was unwilling to loosen the valve bolts to rotate the pipe in case the seals did not work after moving.
Anyone with a similar setup and can verify the discharge should be aimed straight down thru the compartment floor?
Will try to help them in the morning to drain/unhook, but not sure what to say to them---first day out in brand new unit. Will suggest they head back to selling dealer...
Thanks,
Joe
It will rotate down with some effort.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:59 PM   #3

THOR #3109
Took a stab at rotating the drain--no give, at least for my 75years of strength. Also, not my coach, so not wanting to maybe ruin a gasket and cause a leak.
But thanks for the idea--sure it would work if I were working on my own unit.

Another bad idea--fresh water input is directly above the power connection, not good in my mind. Guess it works ok or there would be some posts about it.
2017 F450 KR
Old 07-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The sewer drain does rotate--it took ours a couple of seasons before it was really loose enough to move.

Our fresh water input is next to the power, not above it. That does seem ripe for issues.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #4986
It does rotate but is very stiff when new. I didn’t know that and had the dealership re-plumb it thinking it was a factory install mess up. Now it’s down permanently. Lol [emoji23]
Jerry B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #6

THOR #3109
Do they all come like that? The dealer/customer is supposed to rotate it downward?
2017 F450 KR
Old 07-01-2018, 07:12 PM   #7

State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Do they all come like that? The dealer/customer is supposed to rotate it downward?
Rotate downward to use the hole in the bottom of the compartment, the rotate upward when traveling (at least that is what we do)
Old 07-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #8

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
Ours came already rotated down. I tried to rotate it up for travel, but it wouldn't budge. We just leave it rotated down.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:58 PM   #9

THOR #3109
Thanks for the replies. Since its not my coach, and the ladies left out this morning, no longer my concern.
They mentioned the dealer they bought from sold 80 or so units the weekend they bought and it was a real madhouse.
Joe
2017 F450 KR
Old 07-01-2018, 11:10 PM   #10

State: Arkansas
THOR #4986
Quote:

Every one I’ve seen was either rotated up or down.
Jerry B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:24 PM   #11

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
They are very stiff when new. Not fun to get to rotate but they do.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #12

Model: Axis 27.7
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12085
Mine was horizontal upon delivery. It rotated down to empty the tanks, but only with some effort. Rotating back up for travel was a tad easier.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #13

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
I have to rotate the pipe on our ws31, also. But, what makes attaching the slinky difficult is the access door. Our doors drop down, so you to hold the door on your knee to reach under the MH. With the other hand grabbing the slinky from above. I'm thinking about flipping the door.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #14

THOR #3109
If I had one, I would consider adding a permanent downpiece and elbow with extension to the outside to make the sewer connection, unless that would be lower than the stabilizer and maybe get knocked off. If this would be workable, another fail-safe Valterra valve would be a lifesaver if the factory black valve ever failed to hold. At least the valves are easily reachable.
2017 F450 KR
Old 09-07-2018, 11:08 PM   #15

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfest View Post
Ours came already rotated down. I tried to rotate it up for travel, but it wouldn't budge. We just leave it rotated down.
Yeah, they didn't show me that on the show out, but I had enough extra stuff from my trade in that I just added it to the hose. Later on after looking at U-tubes I saw that this section rotates down, so I turned it that way & left it like that. Got just enough room in that compartment for the slinky & the (whatever it's called) to keep the slinky off the ground. All the compartments on the left side of the RV have stuff for use on that side & the right side has the stuff for use on that side. Oh yeah, bought a label maker & wrote near the locks, what generally is in which compartment.