Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Poor dealer service made worse by Thor

Sorry to bring this back up but our situation, with our brand new Axis 25.5, only seems to get worse. Took delivery of it Aug. 3rd. Took it back to dealer, America Choice RV in Ocala, FL, for warranty repair, on Aug.8th, due to inverter/charger severely over charging the coach batteries and boiling them dry. Had a couple of other issues that only involved replacing fuses and repairing a broken wire. It sat a dealer's repair lot for 10 days before they ordered a replacement inverter/charger from Thor on Aug. 18th I called Thor Customer Care on Aug. 29th to see when the part shipped. They advised that it shipped on Aug. 28th and was to arrive at the dealer Sept. 1st. So, because of their combined incompetence and 'could care less' attitudes by both America Choice and Thor, we've been without our brand new unit for 3 weeks now and have no idea when we may get it back. To add insult to injury, we already received the bill for our first payment on the unit and its sat at the dealer's shop, essentially since we bought it. Needless to say, we're not happy campers...and even tho we bought one, we still don't have a camper!

Old 08-30-2017, 09:36 PM   #2

State: Alabama
THOR #7096
Wow sorry for your Thor quality issues and America Shit oops I meant America Choice RV , dragging their feet , even though you bought camper from them ! Your comments just continue to remind me to stay away from Thor campers !
Old 08-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #3

Model: Allegro Open Road
THOR #8069
We bought ours in June at CW in Ocala. Drove it back to Delaware the next day, had it out at least 6 weekends and have no issues at all. A few minor things that I repaired myself. Yes I would buy another Thor!
Old 08-30-2017, 10:11 PM   #4

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Love my Hurricane!! Would buy another Thor. Sorry for your initial problems. Hopefully when you get things fixed you can enjoy your motorhome .
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:18 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
We we're told that THOR hadn't authorized some warranty repairs yet (after two weeks,). Hit the ceiling with service writer then called THOR the next day.

Turns out the service writer at the dealer only turned in the request to THOR the day I hit the ceiling. THOR approved it the day after they got the request.

Learned my lesson to always open a ticket with THOR the same time I called the dealership. And to never leave the coach at the dealer unless they have the parts on hand.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:20 PM   #6

Model: Citation SR Sprinter
State: Iowa
THOR #7596
We have a 2017 Thor Citation. No issues. MB Sprinter runs great. 8500 miles. Perfect floor plan for us. I would also buy another Thor.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:52 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
We bought a second Thor, after a positive experience with the first. The second one has been a disappointment at times. On a positive note: we have met a lot of good people and made some friends while sitting in waiting lounges in Elkhart, Wakarusa, and Michawaka.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:52 AM   #8

Model: hurricane 29m
State: Arkansas
THOR #7095
FWIW, Mine has been very disappointing. Bought in March and have taken it in for warranty service 4 times now, once after every outing. I will say that our thor representative has been very, very helpful and cooperative in getting things fixed. On our last service call the shop manager said that everything was fixed but this was only our 4th time back in, he hoped he wouldn't see us again for work but that in all his years dealing with thor, when they have the issues I've had it usually takes about 6 trips back to get all the bugs worked out. Everything is working at this point and I'll know more as we get out for the next trip.
On a side note, I am very happy with the floor plan, ride, handling, everything except the quality to this point.