Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2015, 12:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
Radio Speaker - Location

I searched this forum first to see if anyone had the same issue I have with the location of the 2 front radio speakers. We have a 2014 Thor 30.2 w/ bunks. One of the front radio speakers is almost completely covered by the slide out when it is in. Consequently, when we are on the road we have to turn the radio volume up so the driver can hear the radio. For whatever reason, Ford or Thor, did not put any radio speakers in the dash. I doubt the location of that one speaker is normal. Just wondering if anyone has the same issue or concern.

Thanks,
Scott
2014 Thor 30.2

Old 09-18-2015, 01:07 AM   #2

State: Alaska
THOR #2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I searched this forum first to see if anyone had the same issue I have with the location of the 2 front radio speakers. We have a 2014 Thor 30.2 w/ bunks. One of the front radio speakers is almost completely covered by the slide out when it is in. Consequently, when we are on the road we have to turn the radio volume up so the driver can hear the radio. For whatever reason, Ford or Thor, did not put any radio speakers in the dash. I doubt the location of that one speaker is normal. Just wondering if anyone has the same issue or concern.

Thanks,
Scott
2014 Thor 30.2
There is another thread on this. Some others have put in speakers on the dash.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:15 AM   #3

Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't make sense to put a speaker in only to cover it up. Curious where this other thread is at because I put "radio speakers" in the search engine.

Scott
Old 09-18-2015, 01:19 AM   #4

Model: Palazzo
State: Texas
THOR #2072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't make sense to put a speaker in only to cover it up. Curious where this other thread is at because I put "radio speakers" in the search engine.

Scott
IRV2.com under ace mods.
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote