Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2016, 11:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Refrigerator Ice Machine

Quick question....How do you activate the ice machine on a 2016 Miramar 34.2? It's a top and bottom Whirlpool. The instruction state to pull the ice machine lever down to start the process. It does say you must wait 24 hours for this to start. I have had the unit running for about 9 hours and it is cold. It could be just as simple as an up an go from the factory. I am just concerned that there is some type of valve that I need to turn on to start the flow of water into the ice making tray. Any advice? Thank you...

Old 03-13-2016, 12:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
Quick question....How do you activate the ice machine on a 2016 Miramar 34.2? It's a top and bottom Whirlpool. The instruction state to pull the ice machine lever down to start the process. It does say you must wait 24 hours for this to start. I have had the unit running for about 9 hours and it is cold. It could be just as simple as an up an go from the factory. I am just concerned that there is some type of valve that I need to turn on to start the flow of water into the ice making tray. Any advice? Thank you...
On my Challenger under the bottom kitchen drawer next to the fridge there is a valve that must be on for water to flow to the ice maker. I have to remove the drawer to access that valve. Turning the valve off is part of the winterization process and the units ship to dealer with the valve off. It sounds like your fridge is the same as mine so the valve should be somewhere around the fridge.

Also, as a note, when I first turned my ice maker on it took about 2 days for it to cycle all of the pink antifreeze out of the line.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #3

THOR #3584
Dave, I see what I believe is the valve you are mentioning, I just can't figure out how to remove the draw without damaging it?
Old 03-13-2016, 02:05 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
On the drawer rail there should a black tab/lever. On one side pull up and on the other push drawer while sliding the drawer out

Also with the drawer out you might want to secure any loose wires or hoses. There were a few on mine that were secure but not to my liking
Old 03-13-2016, 03:29 PM   #5

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 38RSSA
State: Texas
THOR #2754
Be aware that there were problems with the icemakers in the Frigidaire residential fridges. Ours would never make anything but small, hollow ice cubes and always leaked water out the chute and down the front door. DRV sent me an entire replacement icemaker unit, and I finally gave up on the old unit and my daughter and I changed it out (her hands were small enough to get to the fasteners ) Only then did the thing start working correctly.

Rusty
Current: 2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972 - Previous: 2004 MS 36RE3 #1291
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:48 PM   #6

THOR #3584
Rusty, I will keep that in mind. Dave, thank you very much, it worked!!!