Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2023, 05:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #28047
Visibility into Thor Part Orders?

My dealer has been waiting for months for parts to come from Thor, and claims they have no visibility into parts orders. It's like a total mystery. I don't know how anyone can run a business that way. Have any of you had a similar experience or found a way to find out the exact status of part orders from Thor?

Old 03-01-2023, 05:51 PM   #2

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
I can't answer about the wait. But I would at least call THOR customer service and verify that your dealer had actually placed the order (and when they placed the order).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhardcas59 View Post
My dealer has been waiting for months for parts to come from Thor, and claims they have no visibility into parts orders. It's like a total mystery. I don't know how anyone can run a business that way. Have any of you had a similar experience or found a way to find out the exact status of part orders from Thor?
ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 06:35 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Visibility is easy, call Thor customer service and you will be able to SEE that your dealer may be lying to you.

The lie will be either that the dealer has not ordered the parts or that they already have them.
The only truth is that Thor's supplier has them backordered. In that case neither Thor nor the dealer can see anything except "supply chain issues".
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 06:55 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Call the dealer and ask for the parts invoice number and then call Thor.

My dealer continually told me parts were on order and when I called Entegra I found out not only were parts not requested but the dealer hadn’t even submitted the paper work for warranty repair.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:30 AM   #5

Model: Challenger 35MQ
State: Florida
THOR #21743
Parts

I had a very similar situation when dealing with PPF-Parts Pointing Fingers. I was under waranty, so I looped in Thor with the dealer on emails. In almost every case Thor was able to show they had provided all parts the dealership had on order. In my case, the dealer was the issue and Thor was pretty transparent.
Old 03-12-2023, 04:15 PM   #6

Model: ACE 30.3
State: California
THOR #26991
Customer Service is the way to go. The person there directed us to the parts department who verified the parts order but then let us know the parts source had gone bankrupt! A part was finally located and we finally have dash ac. Took six months! We are not impressed!

Tags
orders, parts, tracking