Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2021, 01:48 AM   #21
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm just glad that the two of you won that wrestling match!

Old 02-07-2021, 02:55 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Interesting how many mattress thread there are that constantly appear across the various forums

We are a bit picky at home with 18" pillow tops however the king in the Tuscany is at most 8 inches tall

We thought early on it has to go or get a foam topper but we found we actually sleep very well on it, really don't know why but 5 years later it is still comfortable

At one house we have the deep 18 inch foam in one bedroom which I love and the DW simply hates so there you go, amazing we actually both like the OEM King in the Tuscany

We do use foam padded mattress covers on all the beds and good quality mattress protectors as well due to the many grand and great grand kids
Old 02-08-2021, 11:46 PM   #23
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Well this thread got me on the ball to replace the Denver mattress in our MH. I talked to MattressInsider about the difference between the the Elation and the new Aspen. They said the Aspen is a firmer mattress; 8/10 whereas the Elation was more like 6/10. The Elation also has a longer warranty (15 vs 10 years) and can be flipped to change the firmness.

So we bit the bullet and ordered the Elation with their "Groundhog" discount code of 5%. It's supposed to be here in 10 to 14 days with free ground shipping. I'll report back when we try it out.
Less then a week later our new mattress is in the RV. When I placed the order I got an email to confirm it, which I did, then I got an email saying it would ship in 10 to 20 business days (2 - 4 weeks). This kind of took me aback since I thought their website said 10 to 14 days (it actually says 10 to 14 business days).

So I replied asking them to insure I receive it as advertised on their website. The reply was from FEDEX telling me last night that my package had shipped and would be delivered Tuesday. But guess who rolled up on the driveway late this afternoon with the mattress?

So I unpacked it and put it in the MH to air out, we're heading to the youngest son's house this weekend so we'll get a couple of nights to try it out. I'll let you know next week how it works out.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:33 AM   #24

Model: ACE
State: Arizona
THOR #15278
A big thank you to everyone that gave me suggestions! We ended up with a hybrid mattress, has a cool temp tempurpedic top and also inner springs, and it is working out well! Amazing what can come in a box these days!
Old 04-03-2021, 11:36 AM   #25

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMott View Post
A big thank you to everyone that gave me suggestions! We ended up with a hybrid mattress, has a cool temp tempurpedic top and also inner springs, and it is working out well! Amazing what can come in a box these days!
By any chance, is it foldable? I have to have foldable and can’t find one.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #26

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #11607
Another fan of mattressinsider.com. I purchased a foldable from mattressinsider.com. Fantastic service. Received ahead of their estimated time frame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
TripleGGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:10 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Glad to see that you've found the right solution.
Pleasant dreams...
Old 04-07-2021, 05:06 PM   #28

Model: 28E
State: British Columbia
THOR #22614
Our 2019 Thor Four Winds came with a folding mattress due to the slide. Zero support. We replaced it with a Tri-Fold 6" Memory foam mattress from Amazon for about $240 CDN. Works perfect and no topper required.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:55 PM   #29

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
So how did the new mattress work out? The Mrs is indicating she doesn't like the depression either. I get the best nights sleep on the Denver mattress, but she is the boss.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:03 AM   #30

THOR #15278
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
So how did the new mattress work out? The Mrs is indicating she doesn't like the depression either. I get the best nights sleep on the Denver mattress, but she is the boss.
We love our hybrid! My husband can sleep anywhere but my back just wasn't happy until we bought this one! You're in luck...this is a Denver Supreme Hybrid! We don't "sink" like the other memory foam mattresses and it was comfortable during both the summer heat and this winter. I hope you find your perfect mattress! I can't believe what a difference getting a good night's sleep makes!
Old 02-01-2022, 08:05 AM   #31

THOR #15278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I'm not sure if this would fold...I don't think it would as I have lifted it while making the bed and it stays full with no bend.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:29 PM   #32

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Discussing "comfort" of a mattress is entirely subjective - mostly pointless. Of more importance is the value - which includes customer service, shipping time and perceived quality for the price paid.

General details are helpful, but one person's comfort often is another person's backache!
Old 02-01-2022, 04:10 PM   #33

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Discussing "comfort" of a mattress is entirely subjective - mostly pointless. Of more importance is the value - which includes customer service, shipping time and perceived quality for the price paid.

General details are helpful, but one person's comfort often is another person's backache!
So true, I have a very nice high end Tempur-Pedic in the guest room because the DW hates it and prefers the Simmons Pillow Top
Old 02-01-2022, 07:26 PM   #34

THOR #15278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post

I suppose that's true ..we have had an expensive Tempurpedic that also ended up as a guest bed because DH hated it! Our guests have returned to enjoy it for many years.
I replied as I did because I was asked, by txc2936, how the mattress turned out, and that he preferred the Denver. I suppose others may have taken the question a different direction, but I took from the question that it was regarding comfort. Nowhere did he ask about the price, the wait time for delivery, etc. The answer to those questions: The delivery was well within the suggested timeline of, I believe 2 weeks, and I never had an issue to have to talk to anyone in the customer service area. We found it priced well compared to other mattresses, and we're lucky enough to hit a discount when we ordered. It has been months and well worth the money spent because we, again, slept well and are not achy or grumpy this morning. Have a good day folks! ☕
Old 02-01-2022, 09:54 PM   #35

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Yep, just dumped my denver for the elation. The difference is night and day.
Yes, flip it over and you can feel the differenc from the softer to firmer side. Plan on flipping the bed every other trip to figure out the best for……yep, the Wife.
Terry
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #36

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
I suppose that's true ..we have had an expensive Tempurpedic that also ended up as a guest bed because DH hated it! Our guests have returned to enjoy it for many years.
I replied as I did because I was asked, by txc2936, how the mattress turned out, and that he preferred the Denver. I suppose others may have taken the question a different direction, but I took from the question that it was regarding comfort. Nowhere did he ask about the price, the wait time for delivery, etc. The answer to those questions: The delivery was well within the suggested timeline of, I believe 2 weeks, and I never had an issue to have to talk to anyone in the customer service area. We found it priced well compared to other mattresses, and we're lucky enough to hit a discount when we ordered. It has been months and well worth the money spent because we, again, slept well and are not achy or grumpy this morning. Have a good day folks! ☕
I didn't mean to imply that comments about comfort were useless. And YES, you are correct - that is EXACTLY what the OP was requesting - how to make his "sleeping arrangements" more comfortable. I was simply suggesting that comfort (in a mattress) can be worlds apart between different people... even spouses!!
Old 02-13-2022, 02:54 PM   #37

Model: Windsport 32N
THOR #23246
We replaced ours with a pocketed coil from Mattress Insiders. I hate foam which is either too hard for comfort or too soft making it a chore to get out of. And all of them sleep hot. Their pocketed coil is the Park Meadow and does not show on the main page but comes up in a search. One caveat: on my RV at least the bed platform is pretty high to begin with. An 8 inch mattress on top of that makes it a tad high. Any thicker and I would need a ladder.