Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2022, 06:43 AM   #1
LER

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta 24ST
State: Oregon
THOR #23074
Replacing Axxera Radio with Atoto Android Unit

I am in the process of replacing the Axxera AVM 70 radio with a Atoto A6(PF) Android head unit in my 2018 Siesta 24ST. So far I have the radio, bluetooth, and GPS working. I am having trouble with the rear view camera and wheel wires connections.

The rear camera has an RCA connection with the splitter and the splitter has connections to the side and rear cameras plus a bundle of wires that I assume are connected to the Sprinter turn signals and reverse. I have connected to the reverse camera wires. When I am in reverse, I get a delay, then a message “no signal”. Since the camera worked with Axxera, I assume I am missing a connection at the radio but not sure what.

My second problem is connections to the steering wheel controls. There is a separate Axxera box of which 2 wires have labels of “car high” and “car low”. I assume these are the 2 steering wheel switch wires that needed to be connected to the Atoto harness. Can anyone verify this? Also, can I remove the Axxera box?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:47 AM   #2

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Sorry. This is above my pay grade.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:46 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Sounds like you need Atoto Technical Support.

https://support.myatoto.com/

The OEM switchbox outputs the backup camera video signal on the RCA at all times.
It triggers the radio's camera display when the vehicle is placed in reverse to display that video signal.
When the turn signal is engaged it switches the video to the appropriate side camera and also triggers the radio to display the camera.

Some radios have a separate backup camera input from an Auxiliary video input. Maybe you are plugged into the Auxiliary video input?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:49 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Just a personal opinion, but if it was mine I’d get a separate screen for the camera’s so they can be visible all of the time.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:11 PM   #5
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by LER View Post
My second problem is connections to the steering wheel controls. There is a separate Axxera box of which 2 wires have labels of “car high” and “car low”. I assume these are the 2 steering wheel switch wires that needed to be connected to the Atoto harness. Can anyone verify this? Also, can I remove the Axxera box?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
I suspect this Axxera box is a CANBUS decoder. Your ATOTO has a connection for an ATOTO CANBUS Decoder box but good luck finding one. A search for CANBUS on their website returns no results.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 03:21 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Interesting I just replaced my Jensen in my Axis with an Atoto S8.

Of course my Axis doesn't have any steering wheel controls so I just didn't connect up those wires. The Axis does have 3 cameras (rear/left/right) and the Atoto only has one rear camera input so I also installed a switchbox with a remote (this guy(Amazon)). So far works pretty slick with the turn signals, shifting into reverse or the remote.

Er thus I don't have an answer for you LOL.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote