Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2021, 12:07 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35C
State: Indiana
THOR #16561
Thanks

Ted,

Thanks for the heads up. I get so many emails from Good Sam that I just delete, so I would of overlooked.

Just signed up for three years and had to call the 800 number to stop the auto renewal at thee end of the 3 years.....I am sure there will be another special.

Old 05-27-2021, 03:58 PM   #22

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
How do you think "pulling out your wallet" is FREE?
Well I have brand new 22.5 Goodyear tires on my diesel pusher. I looked at the roadside "assistance costs and what they covered and how much exactly they payed for. What they paid was a paltry sum towards the real time actual cost for such things like delivering fuel because I suddenly became stupid and forgot how to buy fuel, changing a tire when I don't even carry a spare (it's just too big of a tire), dead battery (I have multiple) so we are talking a bull blown certified "service & repair" call for that. Everything they offered was too small a pay out if needed or unnecessary for me. To me that equals free because I won't buy what I could never benefit from. That's how pulling out my wallet is free. If I ever need roadside it will be for something far beyond what these plans cover, so having not paid them it's free. I only pay for that one time service. A new tire alone is more than $300 plus the price of a service call. We're talking big money for roadside.

Beside all of this I have always had the talent to bargain and get myself a healthy discount for needed services far beyond what any "Paid in advance agreement" would have paid. Some people just agree to pay whatever somebody tells them it costs while others (like me) have the talent to find a better price ALWAYS.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 04:22 PM   #23
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
I believe Good Sam is a reseller of the Infinity Road Service for RVs and autos.

Actually:
Affinity Road & Travel Club, LLC and
Americas Road & Travel Club, Inc.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 03:54 AM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
How do you think "pulling out your wallet" is FREE?
Well Ace, I appreciate this thread as it has inspired me. I now have a brand new Goodyear 245/70R19.5 G670 RV tire DOT 4220 . Ran across a great deal at a Goodyear Commercial Truck & Tire Center. Unfortunately, I found only one place to store in the RV

I had FREE Roadside Assistance Year 1 with Coach Net, but I could argue because I paid for the RV it was not truly free. I have also had Roadside Assistance with Progressive but it is only like $20 more every year so it is no brainer to keep it. But this thread reminded me how even with Roadside, without a tire or a tire/wheel one could really have a bad ordeal on our highways with just a simple flat. My motivation was to take the $240 and buy a used tire 4 or 5 years old. I spent less and got a brand new tire that is about 9 months old

Not pictured but my wife stuffed the inside of tire with stuff like paper towels toilet tissue etc, so all the space is not a complete loss as it may appear. We are pretty thrifty.

Note: If someone has a better idea of how to mount under the rear bottom of RV I am open all ears. But note, I have no interest in hitch spare carrier, as #1, I don't intend to carry a wheel, #2 Our furnace heater is on rear wall just above the Hitch, and #3 I do not wish to add length to the RV nor have to go through trouble of taking it on/off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210528_183804.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	30984   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210528_184755.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	30985  

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote