Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2021, 02:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #23030
More hot water issues in my 2017 Thor Vegas

I get little or no hot water for shower or sink. Water starts off hot then in seconds cools off. Tried a new pressure regulator set over 50 did not help. Also some times cold faucet will start out warm and then gets cold. Seems odd. I have been using the electric tank heater. Next time I will try it off propane to see if that helps. A lot of people post about raising the thermostat for their hot water heater. Can somebody tell me where that control would be in my rig. I can't find it. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #2

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKap View Post
I get little or no hot water for shower or sink. Water starts off hot then in seconds cools off. Tried a new pressure regulator set over 50 did not help. Also some times cold faucet will start out warm and then gets cold. Seems odd. I have been using the electric tank heater. Next time I will try it off propane to see if that helps. A lot of people post about raising the thermostat for their hot water heater. Can somebody tell me where that control would be in my rig. I can't find it. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I take it that you have a 6 gal Elec or Propane water heater.
You'll need to get others to assist you on that.

Most of the newer models (including my 2017-Vegas) have the propane-only tankless water heater.
The digital thermostat is inside the rig
And when I shower, I adjust the thermo to 110 and use hot water only
Old 06-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #3
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
If you have an outside shower faucet, make sure the valves are off and not on full. The wands have a valve shutoff that can be pushed and you my think the turn valves are off. If they are on, the will mix hot with cold and you will not get hot water. This will give the results you are having.