Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2015, 03:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 38re
State: Texas
THOR #1839
Outlaw 38re

Anyone having problems with water getting into the half bath at the rear of the coach? Mine doesn't seem to be sealed properly around the door and frame. When the ramp is open for patio use and a rain shower happens, water gets in to the coach. Also the rear door is flimsy and has cracked already near the door knob!

Old 06-23-2015, 05:20 AM   #2

Model: Outlaw 37MD
State: Georgia
THOR #2281
Me too!

I took delivery of my Outlaw 37MD a couple of weeks ago and I had a similar problem. The shower was poorly sealed and it leaked throughout the coach. I had to do some caulking myself...problem temporarily fixed. However, I don't believe these showers are properly installed. The tracks do not line up with the stall.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:43 AM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #3651
Have the same issue with my Outlaw 38re

They did not seal the metal frame to deck. What other issues have you had with your outlaw? My list continues to grow after 1 year. Getting ready to have 3rd power inverter replaced.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:46 PM   #4

Model: Outlaw 37MD
State: Georgia
THOR #2281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Savoldy View Post
Have the same issue with my Outlaw 38re

They did not seal the metal frame to deck. What other issues have you had with your outlaw? My list continues to grow after 1 year. Getting ready to have 3rd power inverter replaced.

Walt
Sorry to hear about the inverter. Our problems have piled up since June. Where do I start? We have a tow hitch that bent the frame. Broken LCI controler that failed while the awnings and room extenders were out. Warped roters. Non-alignment from the factory that ate through a new set of front tires. And several broken or non working items in the coach that keep us in the repair shop.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #5

THOR #1839
Ramp/patio door doesn't close properly. Top left doesn't seal closed and let's road grime and rain into the area between coach wall and ramp door. Baggage doors leaked and were fixed with new gaskets. Overhead bed doesn't stay up against ceiling while traveling. Dealer said that Thor said that it was normal and that it should ride on the pins. I disagree because when you do that, then the overhead cabinets rattle like an old wagon.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #6

THOR #1839
Check your mirrors before your warranty runs out. Mine had both sides with the "chrome" flaking off. Both were changed under warranty.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:10 AM   #7

Model: Outlaw 38 RE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3657
38RE issues

I have put about 500 miles on my new 2016. One rain event and noticed a leak in the windshield. Dealer fixed it but hasn't rained yet, so... I have a gap above over cabin bed and was wondering what the "up" setting should look like. Jamming the pins in is a pain. I also think my rt front wheel is just not right. I will have the alignment checked ASAP, Before I wear thru a set of tires. Also excessive road noise from the right front of the rv. Screws falling from everywhere , no forward table and missing the center cushion for the banquet bed. BTW does your pullout couch hit the opposite cabinet when fully open? Seems odd that it is to big for the width of th coach. Also why doesn't thor label the switches in the coach?
Old 03-22-2016, 10:59 AM   #8

Model: Outlaw 38RE
THOR #2145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normfitz View Post
I have put about 500 miles on my new 2016. One rain event and noticed a leak in the windshield. Dealer fixed it but hasn't rained yet, so... I have a gap above over cabin bed and was wondering what the "up" setting should look like. Jamming the pins in is a pain. I also think my rt front wheel is just not right. I will have the alignment checked ASAP, Before I wear thru a set of tires. Also excessive road noise from the right front of the rv. Screws falling from everywhere , no forward table and missing the center cushion for the banquet bed. BTW does your pullout couch hit the opposite cabinet when fully open? Seems odd that it is to big for the width of th coach. Also why doesn't thor label the switches in the coach?
Good morning - I have a 2016.5 38RE. Our overhead bunk pins insert easily with about a 2 inch gap at the top. When we finally decided to purchase the 38RE, we asked the salesman about the couch hitting the fireplace; we were told that there was a "fix" for the couch hitting the fireplace and that the upgrade would be done when we bought our coach. When our OUTLAW arrived, it had a new foldout couch that clears the fireplace by a foot or so. We haven't had any issues with the windshield or excessive front-end noise do far. I agree about the lack of labeling for the switches. Currently, the OUTLAW is in for warranty repair - the right rear slide was not level and had gouged the flooring and was rubbing across the top of the bed platform. The shower was leaking between the door frame/shower pan and underneath from the shower drain. THOR customer service has been outstanding when ever I have called with questions or issues!
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
FMCA F455018
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #9

Model: Thor 38RE Outlaw
THOR #4008
Yes, Water infiltration caused MDF/particle board cabinet bottoms sitting on bathroom floor to swell & dis-figure. How cheap and lazy of Thor not to use real wood, at least at the bottom 2 inches of these cabinets.

Joey
Old 04-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #10

THOR #4008
I agree with all of the problems you've had, same here on ALL counts !

Joey
Old 04-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #11

THOR #1839
I fixed all my problems by selling mine and buying another 5th wheel. Motorhome was so noisy it we annoying! Couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling. Glad I didn't sell my tow truck!!!! Thor throws these together and has no quality control at all.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #12

THOR #4008
Not being helpful to us Tjprcflyer
Old 04-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #13

THOR #1839
Whatever!
Old 04-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #14

Model: Outlaw 38 RE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3657
I had problems with my overhead bunk as well. They dealer swapped out the tracks with one they had in the lot. When they took the panels off my rails they noticed the upstop and down stop limit screws were not installed by the factory. Also it was mounted/installed not level from the factory. My pullout couch/ bed still does not fit the coach and I am arm wrestling with Thor for a new one. I really need to minimize engine noise. I can't talk to my passenger nor listen to the radio. Any real fix for this?
Old 04-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #15
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normfitz View Post
I had problems with my overhead bunk as well. They dealer swapped out the tracks with one they had in the lot. When they took the panels off my rails they noticed the upstop and down stop limit screws were not installed by the factory. Also it was mounted/installed not level from the factory. My pullout couch/ bed still does not fit the coach and I am arm wrestling with Thor for a new one. I really need to minimize engine noise. I can't talk to my passenger nor listen to the radio. Any real fix for this?
Here is the link to my sound deadening project on the Challenger. I believe the Outlaw RE has a similar setup to the Challenger.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...egin-1515.html
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:57 PM   #16

THOR #5551
Looking at a Thor Outlaw 37MD

I currently own a Fleetwood Expedition 36m 360 Diesel pusher. We love the coach however the sleeping arrangement with the kids and other families joining our excursions have forced us to look at coaches with additional sleeping arrangements without having an hour of prep to get everyone situated before sleeptime and massive amounts of clean up in the am. The Thor Outlaw 37 MD seems to fit the bill, but with some concerns. The Fleetwood has some heavy duty components to it that when looking at the Outlaw it seems they've gone with much less expensive components that could be easily broken. The one we have looked at has an upfront bunk that needs to be repaired and steps that wont go in or out along with a slider that just seems to open and close with large gaps that make it not smooth. To top it it is a gas coach so we would be sacrificing some ride quality and noise. However the layout is much more conducive to our living needs. To the Outlaw owners would you buy the same coach again? Have you had continued issues after the initial quirks have been fixed? Thank you!
Old 01-26-2017, 05:19 PM   #17

THOR #4008
Front tires also eaten up after 3000 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTailgating View Post
Walt
Sorry to hear about the inverter. Our problems have piled up since June. Where do I start? We have a tow hitch that bent the frame. Broken LCI controler that failed while the awnings and room extenders were out. Warped roters. Non-alignment from the factory that ate through a new set of front tires. And several broken or non working items in the coach that keep us in the repair shop.
Leveling jacks NEVER worked
Leaky fridge on occasion
Over-head bunk loses track when RV on tilt
Base cabinet bottoms in half bath peeling after water intrusion
Old 01-26-2017, 05:25 PM   #18

THOR #4008
32 inch wiper blade purchase 2015 Outlaw RE

Can I get away with 26 inch Michelin blades on drivers side ?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #19

THOR #4008
Same here friend !