Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2017, 08:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #6429
Rv covers

Look to see if anyone has purchased a RV cover from National Discount Covers and could anyone recommend a cover for the Thor ACE 30.2?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
No experience with that company. Pleased with the one we bought from, carcoverkingdom.com
Old 02-05-2017, 09:39 PM   #3
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
No experience with that company. Pleased with the one we bought from, carcoverkingdom.com
Can you tell me which cover you bought i.e. Part #?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #4

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Oregon
THOR #5953
We got an ADCO through Amazon for our ACE 29.3 a month ago. Very happy with the cover so far but the wheel covers are for 16" wheels and do not fit! Make sure you put something over anything that could snag the cover before you install, and view online installation video before putting it on the first time.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:46 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #6009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Can you tell me which cover you bought i.e. Part #?

Thanks
I took a screen shot of my Amazon order. Can't get it to post. There wasn't a catalog # or part #on the order. It was an Expedition 26'-29' cover. sold and fulfilled by carcoverkingdom.
All reviews were 5 star. Try to look up the reviews on Amazon.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:46 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
THOR #1150
For Axis/Vegas owners: The Class-C covers will fit a bit better than Class-A covers (as Class-A units are taller and wider).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:20 AM   #7
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
I took a screen shot of my Amazon order. Can't get it to post. There wasn't a catalog # or part #on the order. It was an Expedition 26'-29' cover. sold and fulfilled by carcoverkingdom.
All reviews were 5 star. Try to look up the reviews on Amazon.
Thanks,

Kevin
Old 03-01-2017, 01:07 AM   #8

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I've owned both Expedition and ADCO covers and found the Expedition is more durable, but the ADCO is more breathable. Since we live in a cold snowy winter climate I prefer the ADCO Aquashed.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #9

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
To follow up on Jamie's comments about the Axis / Vegas owners:. We bought a class C cover. Adco 34813 23'1"-26' Class C Designer Series Tyvek Plus Wind RV Cover,
It fit perfectly. We checked on it last month after spending four months in outside storage in New Jersey and it was fine. We had to get into it to recover my daughters softball bat. It was easy to access via the zipper entrance. I can't speak to its Longevity yet , but it certainly fit well and was easy to access interior and exterior compartments without taking off the cover. There was no evidence of dampness either in the interior or exterior.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #10

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
I know I did not buy the best, but the quality is very nice and it is fairly substantial. Any thicker/heavier would make it very difficult to put on and take off.

Classic Accessories OverDrive PolyPRO 1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 03-04-2017, 12:59 AM   #11

Model: ACE EVO 30.3
THOR #6059
RV covers

I haven't had very good luck with RV covers. I have spent good money on several covers for my previous MH over the years. The first one was destroyed by ice and winds N. Illinois and since we have lived in South Florida the sun destroys them in about 2 years, even after buying the best ADCO UV protected cover.
Not to discourage you, but the covers also left thousands of tiny abrasion/ scratches in the finish. I was a fanatic about washing and waxing my rig every time before covering it, placing pool noodles over the awning legs, slide outs, bumpers etc, but over 4 years the finish that I was trying to protect was damaged pretty good by scratching from the cover. Before trading my previous MH on my new ACE 30.3, I was able to buff most of the tiny scratches out of it, but there was still noticeable damage to the finish.
I have decided not to cover my new MH and instead am just going to try and keep it clean and waxed? I am also exploring the possibility of building an RV shed/ port to protect it from the sun and rain. Good luck with your search for a quality cover and may you have better luck than I did!

Steven B.
2017 ACE 30.3
S/W Florida
Old 03-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #12

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3342.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	4152

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
To follow up on Jamie's comments about the Axis / Vegas owners:. We bought a class C cover. Adco 34813 23'1"-26' Class C Designer Series Tyvek Plus Wind RV Cover,
It fit perfectly. We checked on it last month after spending four months in outside storage in New Jersey and it was fine. We had to get into it to recover my daughters softball bat. It was easy to access via the zipper entrance. I can't speak to its Longevity yet , but it certainly fit well and was easy to access interior and exterior compartments without taking off the cover. There was no evidence of dampness either in the interior or exterior.

Update:: Just took Axis out of storage. No scratches on RV due to cover. However the zipper along the bottom somehow lost a couple of teeth and looks like it might be defective. So zipper won't stay shut. Not a huge deal because of were it's located. Still I thought it was an expensive cover so I'm going to call adco since we just purchased last it October. I'll let you know how there customer service responds.