Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2021, 05:46 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 4 Winds
State: Nevada
THOR #24624
RV life

As a new member to this site, the thing that I noticed and wonder about was it listing of RV life on an annual membership basis. Since it difficult to determine if it really worth it or not I like to hear from any member who has signed up for it. I usually use WAZE GPS app for travel. would it benefit me to go with Them. Looking for Pros and Cons. Thank you

Old 08-26-2021, 12:48 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum! Sorry I can't help, we use an older Garmin RV GPS. We never worry about losing signal. I program it for the next destination each morning. I sometimes check Waze before we start out, or if traffic stops.

Hope you get some better feedback here!
Old 08-26-2021, 01:20 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasmailman View Post
As a new member to this site, the thing that I noticed and wonder about was it listing of RV life on an annual membership basis. Since it difficult to determine if it really worth it or not I like to hear from any member who has signed up for it. I usually use WAZE GPS app for travel. would it benefit me to go with Them. Looking for Pros and Cons. Thank you
Same as Gerry, I use a 8 year old Garmin Nuvi 3590 for navigation and do my planning on a PC using TL Campground Navigator. I use Accuweather for the forecast along the route. If we need gas along the route I use Trucker Path on the cell and load it in the Garmin.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:11 AM   #4

Model: Aria
State: New Jersey
THOR #17864
Welcome!

I signed up for RV Trip Wizard (part of the RV Life membership) and I use that to plan every trip. As far as I can tell it does everything I need to set up a trip (campsites, fuel stops, mileage tracking, etc.) I like that you get campsite reviews from fellow members and that you can save the trip for future use.

There is a way to download the trip into a GPS system like Garmin but I don't have one. I use Truck Map on my iPhone. It's free and works well.

The membership also gives you access to RV Maintenance which I have started playing with. You can set up any type of maintenance (scheduled or unscheduled) and it tracks it and reminds you.

I think there is a free trial membership for RV Trip Wizard.
Blue Ox Tow Kit
Newf026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:51 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf026 View Post
Welcome!

I signed up for RV Trip Wizard (part of the RV Life membership) and I use that to plan every trip. As far as I can tell it does everything I need to set up a trip (campsites, fuel stops, mileage tracking, etc.) I like that you get campsite reviews from fellow members and that you can save the trip for future use.

There is a way to download the trip into a GPS system like Garmin but I don't have one. I use Truck Map on my iPhone. It's free and works well.

The membership also gives you access to RV Maintenance which I have started playing with. You can set up any type of maintenance (scheduled or unscheduled) and it tracks it and reminds you.

I think there is a free trial membership for RV Trip Wizard.
I use both. Trip Wizard since before RV Life and RV Maintenance for about a year.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:35 PM   #6

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
I would be reluctant to accept waze suggestions when I'm driving the RV. In the car it's taken us through some tight spots that I would NEVER intentionally take the RV. I have a Garmin RV 680? and of course the Ford nav along with google and yahoo mapping available. Today going from Wytheville VA to Alderson WV google and Ford wanted me on what looked like a goat trail. I put it in the Garmin and it, taking consideration of length, weight, width and height nixed that idea. Waze has some value but you better back it up with RV parameters before committing.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #7

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
We use RV Life and find the value worth the membership price. I can download the GPS file to my Rand McNally RVND7 but it takes a few steps. I usually just run RV Life GPS on my iPhone and use the WiFi dongle to have it displayed on my Axxera radio screen. The Axxera DualMirror feature comes in handy.