Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2016, 02:17 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
back up camera audio

Hi All,
Just purchased a 2016 Miramar 34.2. Needless to say there is a lot to learn, and I am sure I will be a frequent visitor to this forum. My first of many questions to come is, how do you get the audio to come on the back up camera? The radio in my unit is an Axxera. I am sure it's something simple as a mute button that I overlooked, I just can't figure out how to do this. The camera operates correctly. In addition, is there a way to have the camera on while in forward motion and have the radio play at the same time. I can get the camera to function while driving, but the radio stops playing. Appreciate any help with this matter. Thanks

Old 02-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
Hi All,
Just purchased a 2016 Miramar 34.2. Needless to say there is a lot to learn, and I am sure I will be a frequent visitor to this forum. My first of many questions to come is, how do you get the audio to come on the back up camera? The radio in my unit is an Axxera. I am sure it's something simple as a mute button that I overlooked, I just can't figure out how to do this. The camera operates correctly. In addition, is there a way to have the camera on while in forward motion and have the radio play at the same time. I can get the camera to function while driving, but the radio stops playing. Appreciate any help with this matter. Thanks
With radio on hold the mode button for a few seconds for camera.

In reverse with camera on turn up the volume. It is one way only out to in. Sorry this is short I'm on an iPhone
Old 02-03-2016, 02:55 AM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
dstankov, thank you for the reply, but I am still having a problem with this. I did what you mentioned and had negative results, anything further to add. thank you
Old 02-03-2016, 03:41 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
dstankov, thank you for the reply, but I am still having a problem with this. I did what you mentioned and had negative results, anything further to add. thank you
A couple of points to clarify.

The rear camera only comes on when the ignition key is in the on position or the engine is running. If you start the engine and then turn on the radio and the radio is playing holding the mode button for about two seconds should change over to the rear camera with the radio still playing.

With the coach in reverse the rear mic should work allowing the person outside in the back to give directions to the person inside. On my coach due to the distance from the ground to the mic I have to really jack up the volume on the radio to hear the person outside. This is a one way system, the person outside can talk to the person outside but the person inside cannot talk to the person outside.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Some cameras do not have audio. My factory installed camera didn't. But my coach is a couple of years older, so maybe they have started adding audio.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #6

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
No audio on my camera either and the radio volume can't be adjusted when any of the cameras are on.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:37 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Same here.

Is there an upgrade for the camera and/or picture quality on the Axxera Radio screen? I tried the software upgrade thru Axxera but never got it to work or if it did I noticed absolutely no improvement.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #8

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: Arizona
THOR #368
I have the Axxera in my Palazzo and have similar issues. It's not as great a unit as it looks and I will probably upgrade to something else down the road. The duel mirror function is a real disappointment. The image does indeed mirror what's on your smartphone so you can use it as a GPS navigation system, but when you do, you lose your audio from either your radio or your AUX input. I really dislike this system. The screen is nice and big when it comes on. But really, is the lack of other needed features worth that sacrifice. There is no way to add any other type of internal GPS or Satelite Radio other than to plug in an aftermarket external unit. The smaller Jensen unit they put is the Miramar is much nicer IMO.