Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2020, 11:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.3
State: Florida
THOR #14603
RV Parks

Looking for information on 1000 trails parks is it a good deal and are they hard to get sites Any information would be appreciated thank you

Old 08-20-2020, 12:10 AM   #2

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I live on the west coast and have had a Thousand Trails membership for 5 years. I only have two zones(California/Oregon/Washington State) plus a site in Las Vegas, Arizona. I like the membership as long as I use it. It runs me $577 per year. I use it for many local trips to the mountains in the winter and summer. We try and get out at least once each month with it. Some of the campgrounds are a bit run down. We have been to the Palm Springs facility/Idyllwild, Menifee and a couple of others. With the membership, I get the first 30 nights free each year. Nights 31-90 cost $3.00 per night. They do have a limit of the number of days allowed per campground. My membership allows me to book 60 days ahead. You are not given a specific site(first come first served when it comes to sites). It boils down to it is worth it as long as you use it. Some campgrounds are more popular and can be challenging to get a spot during specific time periods. Mine is coming up for renewal and I think we will be renewing again. You can get a good deal by buying another persons membership rather than buying a new one from the company.

Note: I have never been turned down for a Thousand Trails Camp site.

Paul
Old 08-20-2020, 12:12 AM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Did you look at Youtube? Lotsa discussion about Thousand Trails, most of it not good, especially since CV19 came around.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:39 AM   #4

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
YouTube is the answer as stated above.
Also look into
harvest hosts
while you're on youtube.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:00 AM   #5

THOR #14603
Thank you !!
Old 08-20-2020, 01:26 AM   #6

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Yes and no. Some get a great benefit from it and other do not use it that much. I bought a SW zone pass and spent about 2 1/2 months in the system over that year. So for me, I got a GREAT benefit from it. I think it cost me $925 for 2 1/2 months of camping. This includes the Trails Collection and fees paid per night at them.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:49 AM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I think there's only one Park up here near me: little to no benefit...
Old 08-20-2020, 03:41 AM   #8

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Camping World always had a kiosk in the Denton TX store pushing TT, once offered free nights a couple different ones in the area, one night in each was enough for us to know it wasn't worth it to us. Both of those parks were in very rundown condition with lots full of crap.
From what we could understand it's basically a timeshare for RVs. As said some have great luck with it, others not so much.
Spend your $$ on a Good Sams membership it at least gets you a discount at Camping World store plus 10% off at participating parks. Also join Passport America it gets you 50% discount at selected parks. KOA gives 10% + earns points per stay, after a certain number of points you earn free nights & upgrade to VIP that gets 15% discounts. Each of these are MUCH less $$ than TT membership with no limits on nights or locations.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:40 AM   #9

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Camping World always had a kiosk in the Denton TX store pushing TT, once offered free nights a couple different ones in the area, one night in each was enough for us to know it wasn't worth it to us. Both of those parks were in very rundown condition with lots full of crap.
From what we could understand it's basically a timeshare for RVs. As said some have great luck with it, others not so much.
Spend your $$ on a Good Sams membership it at least gets you a discount at Camping World store plus 10% off at participating parks. Also join Passport America it gets you 50% discount at selected parks. KOA gives 10% + earns points per stay, after a certain number of points you earn free nights & upgrade to VIP that gets 15% discounts. Each of these are MUCH less $$ than TT membership with no limits on nights or locations.
A lot of it depends on where you are traveling. I went full time just over 5 years ago. Never had TT until the start of the 5th year. Camping is limited and expensive in CA. But like you suggested, I had PPA and Good Sams since I started full timing. Memberships all depend on where and how you travel.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #10

THOR #14603
Thank you all for the great answers
Old 02-27-2021, 10:14 PM   #11

THOR #14603
Thinking about joining thousand trails any thoughts is it worth it thank you