Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport
State: California
THOR #4835
Satellite hookup

I have a 2016 Windsport 32n. I just purchased a satellite dome and wondered how to hook up. I have the cable coming through the window and not liking the way it looks. Just learning how to do things on my own. I think there should be a satellite hook up.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
My 2016 Hurricane (Windsport twin) did not have a separate satellite hookup. If you try to use the cable connection above the wet bay, it won't work because of the splitters used to route signal to all TVs. The sat receiver needs a direct uninterrupted connection from the dome.

You can always add a separate connection and route the cables to your sat receiver. Most domes support 2 receivers, so you would need 2 additional connections if using 2 different receivers. There are kits to add the cable feeds on the outside of your RV. Here is a kit on Amazon that has both the external connection and the internal wall plate (plus some coax cable.)

Cable TV Kit - https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-4...+connection+rv
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:49 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
On the 31S, all the RG-6 coax (with splitter) and antenna power supply are located in the false wall to the left of the kitchen TV. Removing the wall plate allows access to all. I added another through fitting in the wall plate for a home run from the coach's installed RG-6 coax to the HR-44 genie. I ran an new RG-6 coax over to the electronic cubby over the microwave and install all the necessary equipment for DirectV wireless video distribution (video bridge) and a DECA wireless adapter to connect with the ZTE mobley. I use the portable Slimline 2 dish with a SWM13LNB on a tripod. As I prefer to park under the trees, I carry 250 ft of RG-6 in 50 ft links so I can move the antenna out from under the trees.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote