Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2019, 07:46 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Jim...that's exactly what I was fixing to say!! So...where do you plug it in?
My electronics cabinet is above the frig. There is a 120 vol duplex receptacle there, that is inverter supplied. The receiver is plugged in there along with the wireless bridge. If you need a antenna power supply it goes there also. NOTE: The HR-54 and HS-17 receivers do not require an antenna power supply. The coax runs from the receiver though the coach's coax installed by Thor MC. A single coax of up to 200 ft (I carry four 50 ft segments of RG-6 coax). that go to the antenna. Antenna's coax is connected to the coach's male coax connector above the shore line power port. The front TV is supplied by the receiver through the coach's HDMI cable that came with the coach. The bedroom TV has a wireless client (model C-41W) attached to the TV. The client plugs in to the same duplex receptacle as the TV. A one foot HDMI cable attaches the client to the TV. Whole-home-TV lets us seamless switch TVs, i.e start watching a program in the recliners and migrate to the bedroom to finish the program. It is exactly the same set-up that DirecTV installed in the house.

Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:11 PM   #22

Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #9109
My 2017 Windsport came with a distribution/switch unit that takes two HDMI inputs and connects to the three TVs in the coach. You can switch between the two HDMI inputs but all TVs must watch the same show. The output of the box is HDMI cables not coax. I have the blue ray DVD player and the Dish receiver connected to the distribution unit. There is an output for a 4th TV as well.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:51 PM   #23

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I ran HDMI lines to each set.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:25 PM   #24

State: Georgia
THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawbs1 View Post
Yes I tried using both channel 3 and 4 selectors using over the air and cable but nothing. I still get a signal using only HDMI to one TV so just not able to convert the signal to go through coax cable.
I haven’t tried this but you may be able to run coax-out from SAT receiver to RV Coax input and get same channel on all TVs inside RV.
So it would be SAT antenna to SAT Receiver to RV Coax Input.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #25

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskmgr View Post
I haven’t tried this but you may be able to run coax-out from SAT receiver to RV Coax input and get same channel on all TVs inside RV.

So it would be SAT antenna to SAT Receiver to RV Coax Input.

I tried this in a previous MH and it worked. However, even when tuned to HD channel the picture on other TVs appeared to be SD.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:50 PM   #26

THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
I tried this in a previous MH and it worked. However, even when tuned to HD channel the picture on other TVs appeared to be SD.
I would expect that.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #27

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Wisconsin
THOR #11120
HDMI Multiplexer

Amazon sells HDMI powered multiplex signal splitter. Connect your SAT receiver to input side and your TVs to output side. Cons. Same channel to all sets. Pros. You can watch from a different source while others on the system can select and watch from SAT.

Hint: Use tv remote to rename the HDMI input to SAT to assist others find the right source
Old 07-14-2019, 08:28 PM   #28

Model: Challenger 37FH
State: Florida
THOR #15750
Thanks, I just bought this 2020 Thor Challenger 37FH with the Winegard ConnecT 2.0+ with 4G LTE. I turned on the TV and I could get it to find was local channels but nothing else works no matter what source I go to it gives me the dreaded "no signal"! No DVD/CD and even the sound bar is not connected! It is a televator and so close to the window I can't get to the back of the TV at all. The bedroom is the same as far as sources but the outside TV gets nothing at all! I am hoping the link you shared wil solve my issues.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:28 PM   #29

Model: Quantum RW28
State: Florida
THOR #15031
DWS50, the Winguard connect has nothing to do with the TV, I believe it only applys to wifi and cellular connection. The Tvs are connected to a antenna on your roof and will only pick up OTA local channels. Or if you are lucky and have a TV with a digital tuner built in, you will be able to access a parks cable system. If you have a DVD player it is supposed to be connected to the tv in the main cabin but as many of us are finding out, the HDMI cable run to the TV is damaged because it is run under a slide. If your DVD player does not come up on the main tv then the cable is probably damaged and will need to be changed (almost impossible) or like me, a wireless system installed.

BTW nice floorplan, enjoy!

Jeff
Old 07-15-2019, 03:15 AM   #30

THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcscocon View Post
Amazon sells HDMI powered multiplex signal splitter. Connect your SAT receiver to input side and your TVs to output side. Cons. Same channel to all sets. Pros. You can watch from a different source while others on the system can select and watch from SAT.

Hint: Use tv remote to rename the HDMI input to SAT to assist others find the right source
My TVs in my 30FE have a built-in splitter to each tv that runs within wall to TVs. The LR TV has an AB switch for use to SAT or Campground Cable. If I use SAT on LR TV, I get SAT but nothing on others TVs as they are not connected to Campground Cable: only to SAT antenna.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:23 AM   #31

THOR #9957
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS50 View Post
Thanks, I just bought this 2020 Thor Challenger 37FH with the Winegard ConnecT 2.0+ with 4G LTE. I turned on the TV and I could get it to find was local channels but nothing else works no matter what source I go to it gives me the dreaded "no signal"! No DVD/CD and even the sound bar is not connected! It is a televator and so close to the window I can't get to the back of the TV at all. The bedroom is the same as far as sources but the outside TV gets nothing at all! I am hoping the link you shared wil solve my issues.
You got to have cable or SAT to view TVs. You can unplug TV and DVD player from within cabinet to electrical outlet within dinette, and select source to dvd to watch while traveling but will have to have generator running. Your Winegard allows internet capability if you have purchased internet in your RV. Sounds like you need to visit your dealer and find out from them what you need to do.