Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2018, 01:05 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Maryland
THOR #3227
How do you tell if your Sieki TVs have QUAM or not?

2013 Chrysler 300 "S", 1936 Chrysler C-8
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition
Brakeman48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #42

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
If you are in a Park where everyone else is having no problems with the cable channels, but you can't see anything but snow, you have the ATSC (over the air) tuner and no QAM tuner.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:11 AM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
Plug into campground cable system. Make sure tv antenna booster is off. Put tv to cable via menu and then do search. If you get channels it has it. If not then it doesnt

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:26 AM   #44

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Plug into campground cable system. Make sure tv antenna booster is off. Put tv to cable via menu and then do search. If you get channels it has it. If not then it doesnt

Jerry
Our 2016 Axis has it then. I have plugged into several cable outlets at different RV parks and everything is a GO. No need to replace the Seikis.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:33 AM   #45

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Maryland
THOR #3227
Thanks fir the replies. Feeling relieved since I have hooked up at campground, did channel search and received channels on all three of the TVs.
2013 Chrysler 300 "S", 1936 Chrysler C-8
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition
Brakeman48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #46

THOR #8423
Campground cable systems?? I don’t understand
Old 04-06-2018, 11:55 AM   #47

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncler View Post
Campground cable systems?? I don’t understand
There is usually a cable tv connection on the hookup side of your RV and one on the campground power pedestal. You will need a standard 25 ft. or more tv cable to connect these two. Then you scan each of your tv's to pick up the chann's that the campground furnishes. Make sure that your ant. power unit is turned off. Note that all campgrounds do not furnish cable tv.
Good luck and welcome aboard. When you have more questions, you can also use the search function to find answers.
Also, it will help with answers to your questions if you state the model-size of your RV
Happy trails.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #48

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Georgia
THOR #9751
Campground WIFI Causes Seiki TV to Shut Down

I have read the entire Seiki TV thread (interesting and informative) but I did not see this issue. I wonder has anyone else experienced this phenomenon:

Back Story: I want to connect my TV to campground WIFI so I can stream Netflix (I know, I am dreaming if I think the WIFI has the bandwidth to stream Netflix movies) I have tried it when it is raining (otherwise I am outside) and I have tried it when it was not raining (as a part of the trouble shooting technique).

Problem: When I connect the TV to a WIFI network, it shuts off after about 30 seconds. I power it back on, and 30 later...I am saving electricity again because the TV shuts off again.

So I try to go through the menu to change the Network access back to LAN as the setting (so the internet will disconnect) but it is a silly race against time, and becomes a personal challenge to beat the clock.

One time, I was stuck in the "circus mode" until I left the RV park (it was a KOA) and lost the signal. The tv worked again at the next stop. Another time, I beat the clock and got into LAN mode, which allowed the TV to stay on since it was not really connected to any network.

Question: Has anyone else experienced this issue, do you have a resolution, or would you just like to laugh at me? (All responses are appreciated...even the ones where you laugh at me).
Old 05-28-2018, 02:59 AM   #49

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Our 2016 Axis has it then. I have plugged into several cable outlets at different RV parks and everything is a GO. No need to replace the Seikis.
My 2017 ACE's Seiki works fine with park cable since I found I had a bad coax inside the motorhome and got that fixed. No problems at all with the tuner issue that many others have.

I am looking at possibly upgrading to one of the models with a bath and a half. I notice all the new ones have Axxera TVs. Does anyone have any feedback if they play nice with park cable?
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote