Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J
State: Florida
THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas M View Post
Hope everything is good enjoy
Thanks. Have it back but still have some issues for Thor to work on. Slide is still leaking, radio hasn't worked since we picked it up, kitchen countertop vibrates when driving pulling the wallpaper off the wall and the slide isn't sealing all the way around. The slide is 1/2" away from the outer wall on the front and rear when closed but the center is almost an inch away from the wall. I can slide my fingers up and feel that the slide seal isn't contacting the exterior wall. I sent pics to Thor to confirm issue.

I sent an email to Thor yesterday about getting a plan together to get it all done and got a reply within a few hours. Hopefully first of next week we will get it all done. Thor has responded well late in this process and i didn't want them to loose sight of the urgency to get this all wrapped up.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #82
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreitas View Post
Thanks. Have it back but still have some issues for Thor to work on. Slide is still leaking, radio hasn't worked since we picked it up, kitchen countertop vibrates when driving pulling the wallpaper off the wall and the slide isn't sealing all the way around. The slide is 1/2" away from the outer wall on the front and rear when closed but the center is almost an inch away from the wall. I can slide my fingers up and feel that the slide seal isn't contacting the exterior wall. I sent pics to Thor to confirm issue.

I sent an email to Thor yesterday about getting a plan together to get it all done and got a reply within a few hours. Hopefully first of next week we will get it all done. Thor has responded well late in this process and i didn't want them to loose sight of the urgency to get this all wrapped up.
So what you're saying is; with the Thor rep on the ground in the shop for the repair they put forth the same level of Quality Control and Attention To Detail as they do in the factory?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #83

THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
So what you're saying is; with the Thor rep on the ground in the shop for the repair they put forth the same level of Quality Control and Attention To Detail as they do in the factory?
That would be an accurate description of the slide issue

The radio wasn't an issue when i took it in , so could be something new. The countertop was only noticeable when driving down the road ( I was driving and wife noticed when getting a drink). Once again i will see how they take care of this issue. It took me emailing Peter Orthwein to get them involved, i may have to do that again if it isn't addressed quickly and properly.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #84

State: New Jersey
THOR #8481
I am having the same issue. Unit less than 6 months old.
Did you get any resolution to this?
Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 AM   #85

THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjackerson View Post
I am having the same issue. Unit less than 6 months old.
Did you get any resolution to this?
Still an ongoing issue. Thor currently has several people in Tampa working on my coach. After i got it back from the first attempt to fix, the slide still leaked and the side slide wall was bowed outward almost 3/4". You could slide your fingers up between the slide seal and the exterior wall of the coach.

They assured me it will be fixed correctly this time. They are actually using a local dealer and have all of their people working on it instead of letting a dealer do it. I have to meet them tomorrow to inspect, again, and see if all is good.

I actually emailed almost everyone at Thor RV and Thor industries until i got their attention. Google the officers of the company and start emailing away. I sent a round of emails everyday. I either got their attention or they were tired of hearing from me and wanted to get me outta their life
Old 12-07-2017, 02:48 AM   #86
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Well Done!! Mass emails.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:42 PM   #87

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #7950
Thor 3901

I just bought a new 2018 Thor aria in may. I have used it I think three time since may. It has been in the shop almost 4 months. All 4 TVs did not work plumbing a mess water running out of freg. Furnace did not work gps did not work, The list goes on and on. Maybe 30 items broke. It still in the shop 11 weeks and end in site this time in. All the Thor rvs I have seen these problems
Old 01-18-2018, 11:02 PM   #88

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
As has been noted many times on this forum, quality control is unknown at Thor. IMO, a class action lawsuit by owners such as you and myself is our only hope.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:29 AM   #89

THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarter477 View Post
I just bought a new 2018 Thor aria in may. I have used it I think three time since may. It has been in the shop almost 4 months. All 4 TVs did not work plumbing a mess water running out of freg. Furnace did not work gps did not work, The list goes on and on. Maybe 30 items broke. It still in the shop 11 weeks and end in site this time in. All the Thor rvs I have seen these problems
I feel for you with the issues but stay persistent with THOR and do not rely on your dealer. As you can see from my topic i went through ALOT of issues but are moving past most. THOR has been handling my issues directly and has been working very hard to make sure my family is a bunch of happy campers.

I have been very critical of THOR and was warranted but i have to say, the level of service i am getting from them now is well beyond what i expected.

Call THOR and give them your vin, they will tell you the status of any work submitted by your dealer and any parts issues. I found the dealer (Camping World Tampa) would tell me they were waiting on parts from THOR and when i contacted THOR i found out the parts were never even ordered by the dealer.

Hope your issues get better but you will have to do some legwork yourself. If you rely or your dealer without doing your own work, your headed toward a tough time. Best of luck to you!!
Old 01-19-2018, 03:02 AM   #90

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
As has been noted many times on this forum, quality control is unknown at Thor. IMO, a class action lawsuit by owners such as you and myself is our only hope.
Count me in if you go for the Class Action Lawsuit! #ThorLacksIntegrity
Old 01-19-2018, 03:22 AM   #91

THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
Count me in if you go for the Class Action Lawsuit! #ThorLacksIntegrity
You won't have much luck trying to sue anyone for lack of quality. If they fail to repair your issues you may have Magnuson-moss claim for breach of warranty contract.

I have had my issues with the quality of my coach and have had to research my options as to what i could do about it. The best course of action was to let THOR stand behind their work and repair it. I contacted an attorney and found out it will take quite a bit of $$$ and alot of time to get to any resolution going that route. He suggested working with the manufacturer to get resolution and only calling him back as a last resort. If you feel the need to go that route, i wish you the best. I found it best to spend my time and effort toward getting my coach repaired and back to my family to use.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #92

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #7950
Thor aria

I bought a 2018 Thor 3901 aria on may 26 2017. Of the 8 months I have owned it it has been in the shop 4 months and still there today. All I ask Thor for was to extend my warranty some. I was told no way. I have had a least 30 items needing to be fixed under warranty. Can’t use the rv because of problems.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 PM   #93

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreitas View Post
You won't have much luck trying to sue anyone for lack of quality. If they fail to repair your issues you may have Magnuson-moss claim for breach of warranty contract.
My issue goes beyond lack of quality. It's failure to make good on providing the product that we shopped and ultimately ordered. It's really a lose - lose situation because I could have been a real sales advocate for them (as I once was with my Cougar). Now that I'm a sales advocate against them when I'm out traveling and online I know personally of nearly $1,000,000 in lost sales this first year alone. Sadly had they made it right they would have been money ahead on the deal and I'd have what we intended to buy. #ThorLacksIntegrity
Old 01-28-2018, 11:54 PM   #94

State: Alabama
THOR #7147
Mine was in the shop for 7 weeks for a rusted sink! Good luck