Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
We've sat & watched rvers, obviously newbies or rentals, store sewer hose with fittings, water hose with fittings & filter, & power cord all in the same container, makes me want to barf.
I've seen that more than once too, YUK!!!

Old 07-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
We used a fence post with bolts through to hold it in place--I painted it black.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #23

State: Louisiana
THOR #7882
Thanks JamieGeek.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #24

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
If you store your "stinky slinky" in the compartment like I used to do before I got the SewerSolution, here's a tip.

Go to your local craft brewery and ask them for an empty malt sack (or several). These sacks are usually woven plastic and some have a plastic inner liner). They are just the right size to store a hose in and will keep things a bit cleaner. If you are handy with a sewing machine you could put a draw string on the opening.

And have a good beer while you are at the brewpub/tasting room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
We've sat & watched rvers, obviously newbies or rentals, store sewer hose with fittings, water hose with fittings & filter, & power cord all in the same container, makes me want to barf.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #25

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
Wonderdog, I see your reply with regards to the bumper? Send a pic
Can you not see the picture with the reply?
Old 07-25-2017, 10:24 PM   #26

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Colorado
THOR #7174
Since I have two bathrooms it's two hose plus extra in case I need more length plus Y just does all fit nicely anywhere so I have a big tote thick strong one not flimsy and it all goes in the box then the box goes in the bay. I do also store my towing stuff in the bay but I'm not worried about it since everything is in my tote with lid on and not in bay. Then separate bay for drinking water hose. Actually store power cord in with back tank dump area. Just not enough space my whole back side is tools, hoses, battery bay, two tank bays, genny, hoses and towing stuff etc
Old 07-26-2017, 12:46 PM   #27

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #2628
I store mine in a large rubber made container in an compartment. It is sealed so no smell.

KC
Old 07-31-2017, 02:28 PM   #28

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceThor View Post
Used this setup on our ACE.
6" PVC pipe, 22.5deg angle joint, and end cap/locking drop down cap.
Be sure to adjust the generator exhaust off the pipe. 2 dump hoses fit with no issue. I think you could go with 4 inch pipe/hardware but then hose end fittings may be tight.

$30 for the 6" x 10' PVC Pipe
$30 for the 22.5 elbows
$70 for end caps and mounting hardware
( https://www.finditparts.com/products...products-cc600 )

It worked great for us for a 2 yr full time adventure.
As with all the longer overhang vehicles you must be aware of your ground clearance.
Just picked up my 2017 ACE 30.2...this looks to be the way I am leaning but maybe with a "Super Slider" waste hose tube. Just need to crawl under to determine mounting solution.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:08 PM   #29

Model: Mirramar 34.2
State: Saskatchewan
THOR #6138
I found a great spot on top of my generator on 2015 Miramar. A 5x5 plastic post cut in half. Installed the 2 sections side by side sloped down for drainage. Room for 2 fifteen ft hose. Then purchased a round tub that fit to the side to store all the fittings. All in same spot nice and close to the sewer station.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #30

State: Alaska
THOR #8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by fchabotski View Post
I found a great spot on top of my generator on 2015 Miramar. A 5x5 plastic post cut in half. Installed the 2 sections side by side sloped down for drainage. Room for 2 fifteen ft hose. Then purchased a round tub that fit to the side to store all the fittings. All in same spot nice and close to the sewer station.
Good idea...gotta do the same thanks
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #31

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Sewer Hose storage

Finally got all of the component to make my own storage tube under my 30.2.
5" x 60" PVC tube
5" metal end cap (removal end)
6" steel lock rod ( hold the end cap on the tube)
5" rubber end cap w/hose clamp ( non-removable end)
4- 33" 400lb strength heavy duty zip ties.
2 - rubber grommets (fit into the 1"'holes in the frame on the rear of the coach by the generator).
Out camping now so has to wait till I return home to assemble.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:59 PM   #32

Model: ACE 29.0
State: Colorado
THOR #2581
Quote:
Originally Posted by fchabotski View Post
Glad that's working for you but a word to the wary... I wouldn't store anything in, around, or near my generator. They need to stay cool and anything that impedes the air flow in any way can cause them to run hotter or overheat.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:55 AM   #33

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: California
THOR #8546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut214 View Post
Glad that's working for you but a word to the wary... I wouldn't store anything in, around, or near my generator. They need to stay cool and anything that impedes the air flow in any way can cause them to run hotter or overheat.

So.... I stood by the side of my 2017 Miramar trying to figure out how to neatly store the hoses for my two bathroom dumps. I saw this ridiculously sized and shaped (dare I say, "almost worthless?") storage locker above my propane tank. It is located between my two dump valves, so it seemed like an obvious place to store my hoses. I like the linkable 10ft sections of Rhino-style hose, which each collapse down to approximately 30" in length. I shopped for something ready-made at first, but didn't like the price or seeming inconvenience of anything i saw.

So I made the storage rack pictured here. It is made entirely of PVC and Vinyl with stainless steel screws, and only a little bit of zinc-plated jack chain. So far it has been really convenient, and since the locker space above the tank is roughly mid-chest off the ground, it is easy to access to boot.

I deliberately didn't glue the street elbows on in front, in case I decide later to expand the thing for more hose. It is held securely in place only by the screw-on pipe caps on the elbows, which fit through holes that I hole-sawed through the locker bottom. The rear PVC support is a trade-size diameter larger than the front (for my use, 1" and 3/4" worked best), so that there is a slight 'fall' inside the tubes toward the outside of the coach, with chamfered holes placed through the bottoms of the tubes into the front PVC support, so that even without any side-to-side movement of the RV down the road, any small amounts of rinse water left in the hoses will drain to the outside, into the front PVC pipe, out through the street elbows on the ends, and therefore out of the compartment. I drilled small weep-holes in the ends of the screw-on PVC caps, so that any bits of collected water will drip onto the ground.

The storage tubes are 4" x 6 ft. square vinyl fence posts cut in half to 36". I glued 4" square fence caps onto the backs of the tubes with some construction adhesive, so-as not to have any screws or catches on the interiors at the back which might catch on the fittings or tear the hoses. The fronts are capped with the same 4" square caps, which I left loose, but held in place with small lengths of jack-chain on machine screw eye-bolts; the caps are also held captive with chains to the front PVC pipe. The unit sits just inside the lip of the locker, so the caps stay in place nicely; the chain is merely to keep the things from getting lost at a campground, and to restrain them from rolling around in the locker.

I got all of the materials at Lowe's. The whole thing cost me about 2 hours of my time (including shopping and drive time) and approximately $80.00.

So far, I REALLY like the setup, and haven't identified anything I should have done differently.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3017.JPG
Views:	340
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	6243Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3018.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	6244Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3020.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	6245Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3022.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	6246Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3023.JPG
Views:	348
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	6247Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3025.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	6248Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3024.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	6249Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3026.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	6250
Old 08-08-2017, 11:43 AM   #34

Model: challenger 37YT
THOR #6874
That's awesome.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #35

Model: Windsport 31z
State: Arizona
THOR #8277
I have a Gemini 23tr and I put mine in the waste valve compartment on the driver side rear.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:42 AM   #36

Model: Hurricane 34B
THOR #7571
All these ideas got me poking around, and I found some great cross-body space available in my 2009 Hurricane. This is the initial placement:

The battery compartment is on the driver side just aft of the forward pass-through compartment. The back end of the picture is the entry step well. The post sits on both frame rails. After discussion, I will tilt it slightly towards the back and swivel the elbow upward, securing it with a short bungee. And there is still place for more!
Old 09-23-2017, 01:22 PM   #37
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I've seen that a lot of the home-built solutions use 5" round PVC piping.
Yet I've also seen sewer hose containers for sale, that use 4.5" tubing...
With all of the connectors in place: is 4.5" enough room to do the job?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:40 PM   #38

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Short answer, no. The male/female connections on the hose will fit but not an elbow. You would have to leave the elbow hanging our of any type of holder, just to big to fit.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #39

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #8546
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Short answer, no. The male/female connections on the hose will fit but not an elbow. You would have to leave the elbow hanging our of any type of holder, just to big to fit.

I looked at the round pipe alternatives before building my little Stinky Slinky Condo. The problem with circular alternatives is not merely the elbows (which I remove and store separately anyway). The end fittings on the hose sections themselves protrude just enough that they will not go into pipes larger by at least a trade size, than what I wanted to deal with. The square vinyl fence posts are snug themselves, but the hose fitting lugs will fit corner to corner. Not sure about storage of wet hoses in a battery compartment, either.....
Old 09-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #40

Model: Hurricane 34B
THOR #7571
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyOldPeach View Post
Not sure about storage of wet hoses in a battery compartment, either.....
But that is the beauty of it. Not a compartment. The entire area is floorless. The near section is the battery tray. The middle section between the frame rails has a rock shield on the bottom but is open at the edges. The back section bumps up against the stairwell. There is better airflow down there than in the wet bay or any sealed compartment I put the hose in before.