Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2017, 04:04 PM   #1

State: Alabama
THOR #7451
Sheet size for rv king

Good morning. We have a Windsport 29m with a king size bed. What size sheets do I need? I went to order some and there were too many sizes for a rv king. I know regular king sheets are too big. Please help

Old 08-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: New York
THOR #8264
My wife ordered rv king sheets from amazon along with a new comforter. All fit perfectly.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Your bed is 72" wide by 76" long. These will fit:

https://www.amazon.com/Denver-343533...rv+king+sheets
Old 08-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
I got mine on Ebay 72x76

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 27.1
State: New York
THOR #4585
We use regular king size sheets and sheet suspenders to pull in the excess fabric. We also have cotton sheets which we've washed in hot water & dried in a hot dryer. Still a little loose but quite comfy - I'm sure they would be too tight for a regular king by now. LOL

I may deepen the corner pockets over the winter when we are not using the rig. If I deepen each corner of a new sheet by 2 - 2-1/2 " I should get the size down to RV king size for a perfect fit without having to consider a non cotton sheet. The mattress pad we had fit just about perfectly.

Our problem is the mattress itself. I will be searching the forums for help but I'm not anxious to spend big bucks. I'm thinking custom latex might be the best way to go. The ACE came with a Denver RV King but even with a memory foam topper my back aches in the morning.

If we do go custom, I'm thinking that I could shave an inch or 2 off the platform width to allow more walk around room on the narrow side but I'm just thinking right now. I can't believe that there would be much difference between 70" and 72" but I'm always amazed by how different a queen is from a full bed and there's only 6" difference there

Any recommendations for a non custom RV KIng mattress?
Old 08-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
We use jersey sheets since they're stretchy. Queen size gives a nice tight fit.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #7

State: Arizona
THOR #8436
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
We use regular king size sheets and sheet suspenders to pull in the excess fabric. We also have cotton sheets which we've washed in hot water & dried in a hot dryer. Still a little loose but quite comfy - I'm sure they would be too tight for a regular king by now. LOL

I may deepen the corner pockets over the winter when we are not using the rig. If I deepen each corner of a new sheet by 2 - 2-1/2 " I should get the size down to RV king size for a perfect fit without having to consider a non cotton sheet. The mattress pad we had fit just about perfectly.

Our problem is the mattress itself. I will be searching the forums for help but I'm not anxious to spend big bucks. I'm thinking custom latex might be the best way to go. The ACE came with a Denver RV King but even with a memory foam topper my back aches in the morning.

If we do go custom, I'm thinking that I could shave an inch or 2 off the platform width to allow more walk around room on the narrow side but I'm just thinking right now. I can't believe that there would be much difference between 70" and 72" but I'm always amazed by how different a queen is from a full bed and there's only 6" difference there

Any recommendations for a non custom RV KIng mattress?

AB LIFESTYLES specialize in RV sheets and are very helpful, toppers etc.
Maybe they can help!
Www.ABLifestyles.net
Old 08-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #8

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #5584
We got a set of these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQ1I8N0...=3QMNCZVRYHOI1

Perfect fit for our "RV Short King", 72" x 76".