Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Alaska
THOR #1728
DVD player connections

Vegas 25.2. On my dash I have a HDMI plug. Will this connection allow me to play movies on my TV's and to obtain stero surround sound from my installed speakers. Just got our RUV and drove from Florida to Oregon and wasn't able to get the movies to play on the TV when using this plug. Technician where we bought it from wasn't familar with this new system. Now looking at driving from Oregon to Alaska and would like to be able to watch some movies as there is a lack of Tv reception.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I think that HDMI connector goes to the in dash radio allowing you to watch stuff on it--I have a different radio.

Above the shelf in the kitchen cabinet is an HDMI cable that will connect to the TV above the door only.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I put a second HDMI cable in the TV above the door that I can run to the sink area, so that I can hook up my Apple computer and run TV shows and movies from thumb drives. Works real well.. I also put an inverter in the same shelf above the sink so I can plug in my TV and run it while dry camping. Just switch the plug from the electric outlet to the inverter. Can't watch all night, but an hour or two does not run the batteries down too badly. In my 24.1 there also is a box in the second compartment to the left of the door under the TV, where you can hook up your DVD player to the outside TV.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1503
I think you will find an HDMI cable on the top shelf in the cabinet above the sink. There should also be a DVD player there. This HDMI should already be connected to the TV located above the door.

If you want to connect the audio to the the in-dash stereo, you will need to run an RCA type cable from your DVD player to the back of the in-dash stereo. This will give you stereo but not surround sound.

A better solution would be to install a sound bar beneath the TV assuming you can find one small enough.

The HDMI in the dash allows you to mirror the screen of select
Android smartphones as well as iPhone, iPod and iPad devices onto the
receiver's screen and to charge your mobile device through the rear
USB port. A special cable may be necessary.

BTW, how is the mattress in your 25.2?

Brucd
Old 04-11-2015, 11:02 PM   #5

Model: Vegas
State: Alaska
THOR #1728
Mattress

Pretty comfy. Slept good
Old 04-13-2015, 03:50 AM   #6

State: Colorado
THOR #1654
is that to the left of the door from outside or inside. do them cables run to the cabinet above the sink like the ones from the TV over the door
Old 04-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
No. I believe they only run directly to the large TV outside. To the left of the door from outside.